SYNC 3 Navigation Map Update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

enigma-2

Hmm, okay, how do you do that?

I'll see if I can find it.

I don't think that will work. The system just thinks that my street is in another town.
Select "Home" from Destination menu. A prompt appears asking if you would like to create a favorite for home. Select: "Yes". Enter a location into the search bar and press "Save".

You can also save work location and several favorites.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Select "Home" from Destination menu. A prompt appears asking if you would like to create a favorite for home. Select: "Yes". Enter a location into the search bar and press "Save".

You can also save work location and several favorites.
Okay, but the map itself just thinks that my house and street are in the next town. It's a flaw. When I go to the site for the maps, Help.com, the city limits are just incorrect. Unfathomable on such an expensive system.

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
"the city limits are incorrect". Will it take you to the correct location regardless of which city it "thinks" it's in? If so, what's the big deal? Most navigation maps worldwide are produced by HERE. Here Technologies - Wikipedia If it's incorrect on your nav system, it will be incorrect on most navigation systems.

Last edited:

afh3

Minnesota
This happens quite frequently. If you put my street address into anything from Google maps, to Here, to Lincoln navigation, it will tell you that I am not only in the wrong town -- but I'm not even in the same county that I live in.

There are literally dozens of e-commerce and shipping company applications that use that information, and subsequently insist I live in a completely different county.

Creates no end of difficulty with mail and shipping.

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
This happens quite frequently. If you put my street address into anything from Google maps, to Here, to Lincoln navigation, it will tell you that I am not only in the wrong town -- but I'm not even in the same county that I live in.

There are literally dozens of e-commerce and shipping company applications that use that information, and subsequently insist I live in a completely different county.

Creates no end of difficulty with mail and shipping.
I can see that it would create problems with shipping, but if you were just wanting to go "home" and you know that the maps have the incorrect city, just enter the city as it is mapped.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
"the city limits are incorrect". Will it take you to the correct location regardless of which city it "thinks" it's in? If so, what's the big deal? Most navigation maps worldwide are produced by HERE. Here Technologies - Wikipedia If it's incorrect on your nav system, it will be incorrect on most navigation systems.
Thank you, I was already aware of that. On their website, you can report issues. Well, all they do is send you an email with an interactive map. However, there is no way I found to alert them to the fact that that some city limits are drawn incorrectly.

When zooming in to my street and neighborhood, the limits aren't even really close. My free iPhone app is better.

And, while I understand that all systems using HELP will be incorrect, that does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about it. Not to sound like a total wise guy, and I know Lincoln/Ford sell worldwide, but guessing that most sales are US, why not work with an American based map company instead of one based in The Netherlands? Rhetorical, of course...

I was thinking about coming down to FW this weekend for the Longhorn game against TCU but couldn't make it work out.

Last edited: