• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Sync 3 Climate Control Issue

Anthony202

My 2019 Nautilus has 1,300 miles on it . After being parked in 73 degree weather the dashboard out side temperature gauge read minus 14 degrees. The A/C was blowing air that was neither hot or cold. I took the car to an open road and after a few minutes at 60MPH the climate indicators corrected the readings. That same day I started the car again and the outside temperature gauge read 9 degrees and the fan blowers would not operate. I shut the ignition and restarted the car and everything worked okay. The car was not recently washed so water affecting the temperature sensors is not an issue. Any ideas?

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
My 2019 Nautilus has 1,300 miles on it . After being parked in 73 degree weather the dashboard out side temperature gauge read minus 14 degrees. The A/C was blowing air that was neither hot or cold. I took the car to an open road and after a few minutes at 60MPH the climate indicators corrected the readings. That same day I started the car again and the outside temperature gauge read 9 degrees and the fan blowers would not operate. I shut the ignition and restarted the car and everything worked okay. The car was not recently washed so water affecting the temperature sensors is not an issue. Any ideas?
Washing the car should never have this issue. The outside temp sensor is sometimes a little off but never this off. (-9 on +73). Ask them to take a look at it. Make sure they parkt the car outside on a hot day and then try to switch on the airconditioner (in park) and see if its working or not. Ideally you should be able to enjoy cold air almost immediately (maybe in a minute maximum) after the car has been turned on.... in this case, you are describing something like the temp reading causing the AC not to kick in..

Anthony202

Washing the car should never have this issue. The outside temp sensor is sometimes a little off but never this off. (-9 on +73). Ask them to take a look at it. Make sure they parkt the car outside on a hot day and then try to switch on the airconditioner (in park) and see if its working or not. Ideally you should be able to enjoy cold air almost immediately (maybe in a minute maximum) after the car has been turned on.... in this case, you are describing something like the temp reading causing the AC not to kick in..

HTML