Sync 3.4 21194 Update Issues

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

StormRyder

Would like to start this thread for any issues that have came up after the update and any potential user fixes that might apply.

My issue is that when adjusting the temps from the switches the numbers don't show in the circle on the display screen. I get the "LO" and the "HI" when I run them to the ends but only see the progress bar move otherwise. The temp indicators in the upper corners still work as well as the controls themselves.

Anyone else?

Rich

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
There are probably 2 or 3 thread bout the issues with that Sync Build. Yes, the temperature display issue seems to be pretty commonplace. The Travel Link issues were fixed and this was the result.

nettarj

Did a wifi install of 21194 on my 2020 Aviator Black Lable. It did not fix my Travel Link issues. Dealer doesn't have any idea how to fix it.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
^^^First I have seen of that update not correcting that.

Assuming your wifi connection is strong, are you sure you allowed the update to complete, and did you do a nw ignition cycle?

StormRyder

I believe I have found another issue if some else could confirm. The ACC w/ stop and go and lane centering is set but not engaging. Did a master reset also, no joy.

Vicrey

For me, 21194 fixed the SiriusXM issue, broke the temp adjustment display. Auto Stop and lane centering are working normally.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I have a 2019 Nautilus Reserve. I did the update to 21194 and haven't had any issues. When I saw the thread about the temperature display I checked mine and it is working properly. Took mine out last night for an 80 mile round trip and didn't see any issues with the lane centering, Sirius XM or travel link either.

I have to say the installation wasn't easy. Apparently, the previous owner never updated anything. When I tried to update to 21194 I got a message stating I had to update my navigation to 2 20. I spent over 2 hours doing the updates from USB since I've never gotten any updates to install via my WIFI even though I have a very strong signal. Once I got the navigation to install, I had to do the SYNC update. That takes over an hour and requires a engine shut down and restart before completing the installation.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I have a 2019 Nautilus Reserve. I did the update to 21194 and haven't had any issues. When I saw the thread about the temperature display I checked mine and it is working properly. Took mine out last night for an 80 mile round trip and didn't see any issues with the lane centering, Sirius XM or travel link either.

I have to say the installation wasn't easy. Apparently, the previous owner never updated anything. When I tried to update to 21194 I got a message stating I had to update my navigation to 2 20. I spent over 2 hours doing the updates from USB since I've never gotten any updates to install via my WIFI even though I have a very strong signal. Once I got the navigation to install, I had to do the SYNC update. That takes over an hour and requires a engine shut down and restart before completing the installation.
Yep, let's be honest, it's a pain in the ass, especially for a system wrought with issues on virtually every update meant to improve functionality.

I'm sure someone will have an explanation, but I am curious why Sync updates are something you have to check for. Am I missing something? Is there a setting somewhere that I can check off so I receive a notification of an available update, like my phone, computer, printer, etc., all do?

Sync is a pain. Maybe Sync 4 will be better. I have no faith it will be, and I don't really understand how the Over The Air updates will be more seamless than the current version.

nettarj

^^^First I have seen of that update not correcting that.

Assuming your wifi connection is strong, are you sure you allowed the update to complete, and did you do a nw ignition cycle?
Yes, I did a couple of updates to complete. Even after it said I was up to date a noticied to did another download and install.
It's been a week ant no other updates, so I'm pretty sure I have the complete update, I even did a master reset and still have the same problem.
I have a very strong wifi signal in the garage. The mesh router is only 15 feet from the Aviator.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Yes, I did a couple of updates to complete. Even after it said I was up to date a noticied to did another download and install.
It's been a week ant no other updates, so I'm pretty sure I have the complete update, I even did a master reset and still have the same problem.
I have a very strong wifi signal in the garage. The mesh router is only 15 feet from the Aviator.
Gotcha. I have a mesh router in my garage as well, but the stupid thing doesn't connect to the Navigator. I don't understand how to configure that thing lol.

That said, I jut think the USB updates work better. I noticed a few times as well getting in my vehicle and it tells me an update was done when I had already updated via USB. So, I have Automatic Updates turned off now.

nettarj

Gotcha. I have a mesh router in my garage as well, but the stupid thing doesn't connect to the Navigator. I don't understand how to configure that thing lol.

That said, I jut think the USB updates work better. I noticed a few times as well getting in my vehicle and it tells me an update was done when I had already updated via USB. So, I have Automatic Updates turned off now.
Thanks I'll give it try. I also plan on taking it in to see if the dealer can fix it.

tgara

Yep, let's be honest, it's a pain in the ass, especially for a system wrought with issues on virtually every update meant to improve functionality.

I'm sure someone will have an explanation, but I am curious why Sync updates are something you have to check for. Am I missing something? Is there a setting somewhere that I can check off so I receive a notification of an available update, like my phone, computer, printer, etc., all do?

Sync is a pain. Maybe Sync 4 will be better. I have no faith it will be, and I don't really understand how the Over The Air updates will be more seamless than the current version.
I agree, Sync 3 updates are a pain. I'm helping a buddy do a sync update on his 2019 Escape, and I'm using the USB method (just like I did in my 2018 MKZ). Hoping things go smoothly.

Yes, Sync 4 updates are a lot easier since they are done seamlessly using over the air connection. The first one my 2021 Nautilus did was a couple weeks ago, when I got in the car and saw the update symbol on the screen. In addition, the LW app told me an update had occurred.

Black Label, with the Sync 3 system in my 2018 MKZ, I received notifications on the LW App that an update was available. Of course, I had to do the USB/Sneakerware method, but the app did tell me when the update was available to me. I'm a little surprised you were not notified via the app.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I agree, Sync 3 updates are a pain. I'm helping a buddy do a sync update on his 2019 Escape, and I'm using the USB method (just like I did in my 2018 MKZ). Hoping things go smoothly.

Yes, Sync 4 updates are a lot easier since they are done seamlessly using over the air connection. The first one my 2021 Nautilus did was a couple weeks ago, when I got in the car and saw the update symbol on the screen. In addition, the LW app told me an update had occurred.

Black Label, with the Sync 3 system in my 2018 MKZ, I received notifications on the LW App that an update was available. Of course, I had to do the USB/Sneakerware method, but the app did tell me when the update was available to me. I'm a little surprised you were not notified via the app.
I'm getting more excited about Sync 4.

I'll check my app and see if a setting needs to be checked, but no, I have never received any update notifications.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I don't see anything, but it's okay. My 2022 will have Sync 4, so all will be hopefully right with world lol.

dtpoteet

Maryland
Would like to start this thread for any issues that have came up after the update and any potential user fixes that might apply.

My issue is that when adjusting the temps from the switches the numbers don't show in the circle on the display screen. I get the "LO" and the "HI" when I run them to the ends but only see the progress bar move otherwise. The temp indicators in the upper corners still work as well as the controls themselves.

Anyone else?

Rich
I'm having the exact same issue. I guess I should see if i I can roll back the sync version based on other peoples responses.

StormRyder

I'm also not seeing the steering wheel with the tighter lane lines for the ACC w/ stop & go and lane keeping assist on my Aviator w/ the 21194 update but haven't been able to verify with anyone else.

Not sure if the system is working as before, the broader lane lines appear and the car corrects in the right direction but then both lane lines go gray like it has lost the view then comes back to green. At times it over corrects to the other side but it is grayed so it can't correct.

Losing temp numbers is one thing but this is dangerous in my opinion.

But again I can't verify. Anybody else?

thproctor3

I'm also not seeing the steering wheel with the tighter lane lines for the ACC w/ stop & go and lane keeping assist on my Aviator w/ the 21194 update but haven't been able to verify with anyone else.

Not sure if the system is working as before, the broader lane lines appear and the car corrects in the right direction but then both lane lines go gray like it has lost the view then comes back to green. At times it over corrects to the other side but it is grayed so it can't correct.

Losing temp numbers is one thing but this is dangerous in my opinion.

But again I can't verify. Anybody else?
I have a periodic issue when I'm stopped in traffic, usually for a light. I get the 'put your hands on the wheel' advisory even though they are on the wheel. The lane bar on on side is lit red. It happens when at a dead stop, goes away as soon as I start moving. Probably about 10% of the time. Lane keeping doesn't appear to be affected although I'm not a fan of letting the car steer for me and actively steer almost all the time.