• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Sunroof shattered.

Zephyr33

Hi. I have MKZ 2013 with panoramic sunroof. One day I was driving and I heard a pop like a gunsgot. I looked up and I saw my sunroof shattered but not falling inside. Dealer didn't want to help.
I'm looking for anyone with the same problem, I got a part number but paying $2000 for a glass is something. Maybe it could fit from other Ford cars?

gamefanatic44

Junk Yard and eBay are your friend's here. Not sure about other model of cars. You can purchase just the glass, but it may be just as easy to get the hole track.
I haven't done this on the MKz yet, but have looked into it. There are screws which hold it in. I am not sure if you have to lower the head liner to gain access.
Once you have the new glass in you may have to run a homing procedure to get the window to close at the right level.

bbf2530

Hi. I have MKZ 2013 with panoramic sunroof. One day I was driving and I heard a pop like a gunsgot. I looked up and I saw my sunroof shattered but not falling inside. Dealer didn't want to help.
I'm looking for anyone with the same problem, I got a part number but paying $2000 for a glass is something. Maybe it could fit from other Ford cars?
Hi Zephyr. If you are referring to the huge panoramic moonroof which slides back over the rear window, then no, nothing from another Ford or Lincoln product will fit.

On a related note...why arent you placing a claim through your Auto Insurance company? You would only be liable for the Comprehensive deductible. I hope your comprehensive deductible is not $2,000?

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

HTML