Sunroof kits

Jaskim06

I was looking for an answer to the question, does the 07 town car designer share the same sunroof/moonroof with any other Ford, or Lincoln vehicles? Or are the repair kits for Lincoln just fit Lincoln or can I get a kit for a 07 F150 and it be the same? Mine just broke on passenger side and now it will vent and not slide. I looked closer and there alot of cracks in all the pieces so it's time for new ones. Thank you for any info. I saw alot of kits on Amazon, Ebay etc but not for a 07 town car. Trucks, SUVs but I don't know if they're same or different. Big box auto parts stores have 0 parts for it at all. So may as well just replace them all with all the cracks. Thank you again.

mr4d

USA
I watched a video on YouTube recently that declared the sunroof kit to be the same across Ford/Lincoln products. The gasket was replaced with the same one across all products.

Jaskim06

I watched a video on YouTube recently that declared the sunroof kit to be the same across Ford/Lincoln products. The gasket was replaced with the same one across all products.
I thought from some examination that they do look quite alot alike but from pictures and not actually seeing them and looking in person, I just couldn't tell. Thank you so much mr4d. You all have given me so much info over the years. Thank you all for all that you do!

Jaskim06

I thought from some examination that they do look quite alot alike but from pictures and not actually seeing them and looking in person, I just couldn't tell. Thank you so much mr4d. You all have given me so much info over the years. Thank you all for all that you do!
Are there any kits that are not in plastic or high wear parts that I can get made out of anything but plastic? Like aluminum, polymer etc? Just seems like if a few parts of the sunroof/moonroof was made from better quality materials that it would not break so easily. I just went to open it no ice, snow anything and just broken plastic pieces. It was binding on passenger side and would try to open then close then bang. Its a 07 designer series in grey tri coat metallic with full carriage top I guess it's called, or landau top. 110000. Well taken care of. I just used silicone dry lube to spray the whole system and all moving parts in October.