Sudden harsh stop while backing out of garage...yikes!

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

HotrodLinkin

In my case, the sensors on the mirrors are reacting to the steel posts of my car lift. It is speed related.... I have to travel very slowly as I pass by.

In my case, the sensors on the mirrors are reacting to the steel posts of my car lift. It is speed related.... I have to travel very slowly as I pass by.
Thanks for the input. I back into my garage. Has only happened 4 times but always 4ft short of the garage door opening. Nothing else around the vehicle...nothing anywhere around it. I'm still trying to nail my issue down what is causing this. Thanks again!

TiggrJW

Dallas
Mine does it backing up my driveway which has a slope, but is not steep by any means. This is frustration #2 I've encountered in this forum while looking for the liftgate concern I came in here for.

Thanks for the input. I back into my garage. Has only happened 4 times but always 4ft short of the garage door opening. Nothing else around the vehicle...nothing anywhere around it. I'm still trying to nail my issue down what is causing this. Thanks again!
HotrodLinkin, recall #221S44 My 2021 Corsair Reserve was updated with the software fix. I told service about the 'sudden stop' when backing up 4-5 feet from my garage door opening. Service said this update should take care of that.

Garrett7864

Toledo Oh
Happened twice now. Tight quarters backing out of 8 foot wide doorway. All the cameras and warning tones are active due to the close proximity of the car lift posts (I park under the lift) and the door jambs. I am very careful keeping an eye on the screen making sure car is centered. Out of nowhere I have experienced A sudden mechanical stop, as if I had backed into a wall or a big tree... very jarring. Only thing I can think of is it is speed related; like collision avoidance. I exit the car immediately and don't see anything at all. Your thoughts appreciated, and yes, I will have it checked out by dealer.
My 2020 Aviator can do the same thing. It only does it if I le the car freely roll out of my garage without touching the brakes,because of the close clearance. But if I lightly ride the brakes, that apparently overrides the emergency braking, and it only beeps at me. Yes, I about puked the fir time it happened. Very disconcerting.

HotrodLinkin

My 2020 Aviator can do the same thing. It only does it if I le the car freely roll out of my garage without touching the brakes,because of the close clearance. But if I lightly ride the brakes, that apparently overrides the emergency braking, and it only beeps at me. Yes, I about puked the fir time it happened. Very disconcerting.
Yeah, interesting. I am going to try taping over the sensors next.