Subwoofer Grill

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I want to replace the subwoofer in the cargo area. Not planning on adding an amplifier (for now). Is the grill (cover) fixed? I tried to pull it apart but wasn't able to.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Did you ever pull the subwoofer? Mine's not sounding too healthy. I did pull some of it apart to get a better look, but I didn't get all the way in. I tried to remove the screws holding the sub in the box, but it wouldn't come out. I didn't pry too hard, as I didn't want to break it.

It kinda looks like the seatbelt and possibly the seat on that side both need removed for full access.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I got the outer panel pulled away enough to access the screws holding the sub into the box, but not enough to pull the whole box. Looks like that requires pulling out a lot more trim and at least the seat on that side.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I actually just wanna take out the sub. Have a 3 year old daughter so dont to bust her ears. Would rather have a empty compartment for storing napkins, paper towels, wipes, etc.

Moo_Lincoln

I actually just wanna take out the sub. Have a 3 year old daughter so dont to bust her ears. Would rather have a empty compartment for storing napkins, paper towels, wipes, etc.
I have tried to remove the grille in my '02 Navigator too but I've been unable to. It just is not coming off. It seems the whole panel has to be removed even though I just want to take a look at the subwoofer and maybe disconnect it.

whatsupdoc

An easier solution might be to cut out a thick piece of cloth or plastic and velcro it to the cover - it won't completely stop the sound but it will help muffle it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML