Still liking this car......

mkfrd

I've had my car about three weeks and still finding some quirks. Did an oil change and filter, prior to my first road trip. The filter location leaves much to be desired. Could olny get it barely hand tight. Usually all that's needed.
After about 60 miles, I stopped for a break and smelled oil. Checked under the hood and saw oil had sprayed around my oil filter area. Figured the filter wasn't tight enough, so when I got to my destination, I checked into a Lincoln dealership to have the filter tightened. Turns out the filter was tight, but they said my oil pressure sensor was leaking. They only performed oil changes on a Saturday, so they checked my oil level and said it was fine.
After I got home, I checked into my local dealer for the repair. They told me the sensor was fine: the steering pump was leaking. Strange, because the dealer I bought it from, told me he replaced the pump, prior to selling it. I don't mind unexpected repairs. I hate dishonesty.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Did your local dealer replace the pump or seals, etc.

That is strange that new power steering pump is leaking after being replaced but there are seals that could have caused the issue or the hoses, etc. It may well be a new pump, just an installation problem or something like that. It is located down at the driver side of the engine at the front. An old one might well be discoloured whereas a new one would be clean. Just a thought.

mkfrd

Did your local dealer replace the pump or seals, etc.

That is strange that new power steering pump is leaking after being replaced but there are seals that could have caused the issue or the hoses, etc. It may well be a new pump, just an installation problem or something like that. It is located down at the driver side of the engine at the front. An old one might well be discoloured whereas a new one would be clean. Just a thought.
It's discolored. It was never changed, IMHO.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Can you talk to the manager at the dealership and explain the error in their promise to you. He may help you with the price of the repair. If not then you know they are a crooked shop and can warn your friends.

mkfrd

Can you talk to the manager at the dealership and explain the error in their promise to you. He may help you with the price of the repair. If not then you know they are a crooked shop and can warn your friends.
I've already played this game. I bought this car through a small dealer, buys his cars at auctions. Contract says but as is. Nothing in writing about the steering pump. He did put a new battery in as he stated.
A few years back, we bought an Olds Bravada, same situation, independent who bought from auctions. Told us they replaced the engine. Two weeks later, it seized up. Offered no support. Complained to the BBB, and got nowhere.

I got a great deal on the car. Guess that's the price you pay for going to the small independent guys. That said, most dealers offer little, if any warranties on older cars. Usually, they will split the parts with you, but typically not. I may contact him, just to see his response.

HTML