Software Checkout Process

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

rjabend

Just thinking about the missing temperature display problem caused by Sync 3.4 Build 21194 among others and how easily a rudimentary checkout and/or diagnostic should have caught the problem before release. Also, does the current Build 21265 mean there have been a total of 265 unreleased and released software changes in 2021?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I agree that the updates suck. I think that is the gist.

As far as the numbers not being sequential, the updates seem to be for various vehicles. Maybe that explains it? Maybe it is the fact that the engineers Ford seems to hire probably barely graduated.

Offense intended to any of the Ford engineers on the forum here. Get it together.

@tgara had a good explanation, I think it was him, anyway. Why go to Ford for craptastic money when Apple, et al, are paying top dollar for the good software engineers?

rjabend

I agree that the updates suck. I think that is the gist.

As far as the numbers not being sequential, the updates seem to be for various vehicles. Maybe that explains it? Maybe it is the fact that the engineers Ford seems to hire probably barely graduated.

Offense intended to any of the Ford engineers on the forum here. Get it together.

@tgara had a good explanation, I think it was him, anyway. Why go to Ford for craptastic money when Apple, et al, are paying top dollar for the good software engineers?
Software ???ENGINEERS???

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
There is a member on the Explorer forum who is a Ford employee working with Sync 3 and who has been very helpful to the membership there.

Peter
They are pretty useless when you bring your Navigator to the dealer multiple times for Sync related issues that they have no answers for. I say, sort of tongue in cheek, maybe the guy should get off that forum and get to work on this stuff.

Last edited:

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
The people working at dealerships are not in the same boat and likely have a very limited knowledge of the actual software systems. These vehicles tend to develop and sometimes fix their own issues. Yesterday my Aviator couldn't find and networks at all although there are several in the area. When to the store and came back and now it was able to find them. Today, the mirrors didn't fold when I locked it at the hardware store. Came home, locked the vehicle and the mirrors folded.:unsure:

Peter

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
The people working at dealerships are not in the same boat and likely have a very limited knowledge of the actual software systems. These vehicles tend to develop and sometimes fix their own issues. Yesterday my Aviator couldn't find and networks at all although there are several in the area. When to the store and came back and now it was able to find them. Today, the mirrors didn't fold when I locked it at the hardware store. Came home, locked the vehicle and the mirrors folded.:unsure:

Peter
I'm talking about when I am told the dealer tech worked with Engineering. Then, Engineering gives some BS story about VIN and build date for things that have nothing to do with that. Such as SiriusXM song title not displayed in the instrument cluster, and on and on.