smoked a crotch rocket

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

GT40

a little ECU help?

this question is on the technical side...
A) i am attempting to use a ford EEC-IV to control a honda F4i out of a cbr 600, it is for a college project. i was thinking of taking an ecu out of a 2.3 turbo t-bird and putting a tweecer on it then modding from there, but i was concerned with a few things: could the tweecer be able to bend the program and modify for the 10K+ rpms? is the underlying program on the stock ecu too embeded to take the swap?(was thinking of just re-wiring harnesses on the pyhsical side)
so basically to the ppl with enough knoweldge: is it possible to modify even with some aftermarket electrical mods a stock EEC-IV to control the honda F4i?

B) i am also attempting to make some kinda abs on the car... so once again could i use/modift a stock ford abs cpu? i need more info on them, like wiring diagrams etc..

help?

NYC LS8

a little ECU help?

PM me or post your email address. I\'ll send you a .pdf file with a bunch of wiring diagrams.

Disney Lincoln

a little ECU help?

No. The clock speed of the Ford EEC-IV won\'t allow you to go much past 7500 without faltering. You can change the crystal in the ECU, but you\'ll never get it up to the 14000 RPM limit of the CBR engine. You might look at the Megasquirt as a low cost. In our Formula SAE car I tune it with a MOTEC. Not cheap though.

W.V. Kelly

a little ECU help?

[quote name=\'Disney Lincoln\']No. The clock speed of the Ford EEC-IV won\'t allow you to go much past 7500 without faltering...[/QUOTE]

I\'ll preface this by stating that I know nearly nothing about these things but...If the Ford unit can run a V-8 at 7500 RPM couldn\'t it also run a 4 cyl at 15000 RPM. The number of injector pulses per minute would be the same.
????
W. V. Kelly

SVT Town Car

a little ECU help?

[quote name=\'W.V. Kelly\']I\'ll preface this by stating that I know nearly nothing about these things but...If the Ford unit can run a V-8 at 7500 RPM couldn\'t it also run a 4 cyl at 15000 RPM. The number of injector pulses per minute would be the same.
????
W. V. Kelly[/QUOTE]

I dbout that the drivers alone will be able to handle that on a 4cyl from and EEC-IV. Is the chip-set the same on a 4 cyl EEC-IV and an EEC-IV V-8? I\'d also have serious dbouts how long that printed circuit board will have from the massive increase of amps running through it (assumint i\'d stay near the 15,000 mark) Also, I think on my 5.0 it cuts out @5,000 or 5,500 tops (1987 Town Car with the NON-HO 5.0)

Also - the pulses are not in question here, it\'s the aviability of the engine to see the map/maf, temp, load, rpm and plot it along it\'s mixture graph. That\'s a HUGE increase. That\'s about doubling the size it has to search for which would make the computer run at 1/2 speed for having go through all thoes points until it found it.

All n\' all - it\'s a bad idea. I know you want to use it for a project, but I honestly don\'t think i\'ll hold it\'s self at all.

Bluegrass7

a little ECU help?

Take a look at the later PCM system for a 4 cylinder car.The program can be easly altered and applied via an out side tuner.
You will need PCM, Trigger wheel at crank rpm, EDIS ignition control and two coils.
It is a waisted spark system. and may be low cost to begin the project with.
Or still later yet with coil on plug ignition. This system would have the better chance of handling the very hi rpm.
There would be injector sizing to fit the expected HP as well unless you just want the ignition functions.
MSD has a control CPU that is used to provide ignition on carburated MOD motors when used in non fuel injected applications
There are lots of people who could help with programming and advice on these systems, today.
Super Chips or an authorized programming dealer may be perswaded to help on your project.
Many functions can be zeroed out of the program for non use.

W.V. Kelly

a little ECU help?

Let\'s see...wiring for #1 and #6 are joined on the first injector, #3 and #5 on the second injector (in firing order), #7 and #4 on the third injector and #2 and #8 on the fourth injector. (Diodes to protect circuitry upstream is simple enough.) So each injector gets two pulses per (V-8) revolution. Based upon ignition firing pulses the ECU thinks the RPM is half what it really is.
????
W. V. Kelly

Disney Lincoln

a little ECU help?

So basically it won\'t work. Move on! :lol: Makes for some deep thought though.

Disney Lincoln

a little ECU help?

It would take quite a bit of work and more importantly... Money. You can build and install a complete MS EFI system for less than it would take to get a tuner for the EEC-IV.

http://www.megasquirt.info/

GT40

a little ECU help?

thanks for the help... i apperciate it, any other insight or tips that i might want to know?