Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Shopping 12-14 Navigator L, from '09 Expy -- anything unfamiliar to look out for?

Adieu

Thread starter #1
Hi,

Current '09 Expedition owner, currently in the market for a 2012-2014 Navigator L.

Got a bunch of experience wrenching on the Expy and know the thing insode and out. I know most mechanicals on the Navigator and 3rd Gen Expedition are identical (5.4 Triton, Ford 6r80, etc.), but are there any Lincoln-specific sources of trouble to look out for?

Especially stuff that's either expensive or a right pain to sort out yourself?

Thx.

davidtube

Hi Adieu,

I have a 2011 and I know other Navigator owners who hate the retractable running boards. Mine went at 110,000 miles. I opted to get a fixed running board and am pleased with the decision. That's the only issue I've come across.

Good luck!

Good question Adieu! I on the other hand have little experience working on most cars. :) However I still plan on working on my Navi for most things not overly complicated.

Thanks davidtube, that is interesting to know. Mine has 50k miles, and hearing about your issue with the retractable running boards makes me glad I got the extended 100k warranty.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML