self leveling system gone haywire

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Danny

Louisiana Ghost Story

This happened about a month ago, just outside of Cocodrie, a little town in the bayou country of Louisiana, and while it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it\'s real.

This out of state traveler was on the side of the road, hitchhiking on a real dark night in the middle of a thunderstorm. Time passed slowly and no cars went by. It was raining so hard he could hardly see his hand in front of his face.

Suddenly he saw a car moving slowly, approaching and appearing ghostlike in the rain. It slowly and silently crept toward him and stopped.

Wanting a ride real bad, the guy jumped in the car and closed the door; only then did he realize that there was nobody behind the wheel, and no sound of an engine to be heard over the rain.

Again the car crept slowly forward and the guy was terrified, too scared to think of jumping out and running. The guy saw that the car was approaching a sharp curve and still too scared to jump out, he started to pray and begging for his life; he was sure the ghost car would go off the road and in the bayou and he would surely drown! But just before the curve a shadowy figure appeared at the driver\'s window and a hand reached in and turned the steering wheel, guiding the car safely around the bend.

Then, just as silently, the hand disappeared through the window and the hitchhiker was alone again! Paralyzed with fear, the guy watched the hand reappear every time they reached a curve. Finally the guy, scared to near death, had all he could take and jumped out of the car and ran to town.

Wet and in shock, he went into the bar and voice quavering, ordered two shots of whiskey, then told everybody about his supernatural experience. A silence enveloped and everybody got goose bumps when they realized the guy was telling the truth (and not just some drunk).

About half an hour later two guys walked into the bar and one says to the other, \"Look Boudreaux, ders dat idiot that rode in our car when we wuz pushin\' it in the rain.\"

:wired:

fake

Louisiana Ghost Story

LMAO HA HA

I\'ve got a ghost story: This is 100% true story told by my father.

Back when my dad was in his 20\'s, he and his parents and brother went fishing at some lake here in NM. They were camping on the shore when a big storm moved in. The boat came lose and started drifting out into the lake. My dad swam out into the lake to retrive the boat, however the storm surge was to much and down he went. My dad says all he can remember was lying at the bottom of the lake looking up seeing the lightning. My dads older brother jumped in to save him and drowned saving my dads life. Of course my dad felt like it was his fault that his brother died saving his live.

Months passed, and my dad got very depressed, and started drinking very heavily. My dad said one night he was having a dream about the incident, and all of sudden woke up and sat straight up. There he saw his brother standing at the door of his bedroom, smiling at my dad, as to tell him it\'s ok, i\'m in a better place now.

After that my dad said a huge quilt feeling was lifted from him ,and his life returned to normal.

96DiamondVIII

Louisiana Ghost Story

I can absolutely believe that. My uncle died at age 47 a few years ago, and about a month after his death, my cousin (who was 19 at the time) said he woke up in the middle of the night and saw his dad and his grandmother standing there smiling at him. His (and my) grandmother died in 1983, before my cousin was born. He described her perfectly, including things that weren\'t evident or obvious in surviving pictures of her.

Other similar things have happened to family members, though that one is the best example. One of the reasons why I firmly believe that those we love are still watching over us, even after their lives end.

01yellerCobra

Louisiana Ghost Story

I know for a fact we have people watching over us. My grandfather keeps an eye on me. When I was younger I used to hear foot steps all around my bed, after talking to him ,they went away. He\'ll do small things to let us know he\'s around. When I worked at Burger King he kept trying to close the back door on me during a storm. I told him I would be fine and the door stopped moving. While I was in boot camp the door to the garage kept opening on my wife, after she latched it. She told my grandfather he was scaring her and it stopped opening. My parents will also pick up the smell of his cigarette smoke sometimes.

Manda

Louisiana Ghost Story

After my grandfather died, I had a dream (or maybe sleep walked, I don\'t know I was pretty young) that I walked out my front door and looked to the left and he was standing there, with a sort of glow coming down from the clouds above him. He smiled and told me he was ok now, and he\'d be watching me. I\'m fairly certain he\'s still around my parent\'s house (the house he built and died in).