Seat Track Blues.....

Yeahbut

Hi Guys.....

Newbie here. I'm not much of a forum guy....Never needed to get involved... Well, I shouldn't say that I own a couple of 97 TC money pits......Owning one of those is like dating a beautiful women....Ha, the wallet just keeps coming out......But lucky for me the past 7 years I've owned a 03....What a change from the 97's...So here is my question..... Power seat track is on it's last leg...Got the ol clicking sound. I want to replace it with a junkyard special but are the 01's specific to the 01's or can I use the one off my 03....Thanking all of you in advance....Deejay..... PS. It's a Cartier so it has the memory & heated seats...A needle in the haystack....

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know if they are the same. We have procedures to replace them for 1998 thru 2002 series and 2003 and up series here: Town Car seat track replacement the track comes with motors. When I have obtained parts from a wrecker there is a list of compatible years for the part they have, so you should be able to get guaranteed advice from your parts source.

Good luck.

Yeahbut

Hey thanks Town.....Gonna pull the seat & take a look at it tomorrow just to get an idea what I'm up against...... I'll let you know how this turns out......Thanks again !!!! Deejay

Yeahbut

UPDATE...... Sold the car. Just couldn't come to grips with the 0's1 vs the 03's. Didn't like the car as beautiful as it was.... I sold it within days to a very nice older lady who fell in love with the car...I mean FELL IN LOVE ! Before I sold it I took the seat out & cleaned it up to no avail.....I want to help her get this seat right...My question is...If I can't find another track out of a 98-2002 with memory, heated seats, & airbags will the motor assembly work out of any track within those years ??? Thanking you in advance Town .... :) Deejay.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The memory seats use a sensor which is not part of the track assembly so I would think all would be good for track replacement. The side air bag is deployed by a Restraints Control Module that is separate from the seat operation modules (DDM and DSM). Heated seats are also separate from the seat operation modules.

I think you can replace the track as a unit from 1998 to 2002 models. But I have never tried to do that so it is a guess. Nice of you to help the new buyer out.

Good luck.

Yeahbut

Hey Town,

I'm gonna go look at another Town Car. I remember you started a thread about what to look for before hand but can't find it....Thanks....Deejay

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Yes it is hard to find a thread when you only have generalised information on a lot of topics. So perhaps start a new thread using your target series: up to 1997, 1998 thru 2002, 2003 and up?

If you get a lot of useful info then you could put a link into the Tech forum for future reference.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML