Schedule Maintenance for 2021 Corsair Reserve

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T purchased May 22, 2021. I just had my first 7500 mile service which is required at each 7500 mile increment.

Where I purchased my vehicle is not where I have to get it serviced.

With your experience, does your dealership recommend a more extensive service at 30,000 miles? Cost $400+. This will not void any warranty if I choose not to have it done. Does your dealership suggest this at 30,000? In looking at my on line service maintenance for my VN# there seems to be extensive service maintenance starting at 20,000 and every 10,000 miles there after.

I also received a letter from Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plan suggesting extended warranty. I'm to discuss the plan levels/cost with the dealership I purchased it from this week. Do any of you have any experience with this extended service plan?

What service maintenance do you adhere to?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

bbf2530

2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T purchased May 22, 2021. I just had my first 7500 mile service which is required at each 7500 mile increment.

With your experience, does your dealership recommend a more extensive service at 30,000 miles? Cost $400+. This will not void any warranty if I choose not to have it done. Does your dealership suggest this at 30,000? In looking at my on line service maintenance for my VN# there seems to be extensive service maintenance starting at 20,000 and every 10,000 miles there after.

I also received a letter from suggesting extended warranty. I'm to discuss the plan levels/cost with the dealership I purchased it from this week. Do any of you have any experience with this extended service plan?

Hi Newowner. If you want to avoid being overcharged for unnecessary service procedures, read the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual and acquaint yourself with the services necessary. It is essentially oil changes and tire rotations for the first 30,000 miles You can have that done by having "The Works Package" performed by your Lincoln (or a Ford) Dealership.

If you pay attention to what the Dealership tells you, you will have all sorts of maintenance checks performed which are not necessary (and will be charged for them).

If you had read the Maintenance Schedule, you would have seen that most likely, you only need an oil change every 1 year/10,000 miles...unless you use your Corsair for towing or your driving environment fits one of the the "Severe Service" categories listed. Of course you can change the oil sooner, but be aware of what is required/necessary first, then make an informed decision if you would like to perform sooner.

As far as a "Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plan": Again, modern vehicles do not require much maintenance until you get to coolant flushes, brakes etc. So unless you drive above average mileage each year, a maintenance plan is expensive and not necessary.

Also, an an extended service plan and an Extended Warranty are two very different things. You need to acquaint yourself with the difference. If anything, consider purchasing a Lincoln Protect Extended Warranty.

So for starters, make yourself familiar with the Lincoln Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual, and you will not be the victim of the Dealer up-selling you seem to be falling for.

Perform the required maintenance according to the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual (or sooner if you like), keep your receipts, and your warranty will be fine.

This is all some very basic information, so feel free to ask any questions and good luck.

As stated. I follow the maintenance schedule listed in the owners manual. Dealership will always try to upsell unnecessary services.
Thank you for your input. Do what was your opinion on the Lincoln Protect
Hi Newowner. If you want to avoid being overcharged for unnecessary service procedures, read the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual and acquaint yourself with the services necessary. It is essentially oil changes and tire rotations for the first 30,000 miles You can have that done by having "The Works Package" performed by your Lincoln (or a Ford) Dealership.

If you pay attention to what the Dealership tells you, you will have all sorts of maintenance checks performed which are not necessary (and will be charged for them).

If you had read the Maintenance Schedule, you would have seen that most likely, you only need an oil change every 1 year/10,000 miles...unless you use your Corsair for towing or your driving environment fits one of the the "Severe Service" categories listed. Of course you can change the oil sooner, but be aware of what is required/necessary first, then make an informed decision if you would like to perform sooner.

As far as a "Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plan": Again, modern vehicles do not require much maintenance until you get to coolant flushes, brakes etc. So unless you drive above average mileage each year, a maintenance plan is expensive and not necessary.

Also, an an extended service plan and an Extended Warranty are two very different things. You need to acquaint yourself with the difference. If anything, consider purchasing a Lincoln Protect Extended Warranty.

So for starters, make yourself familiar with the Lincoln Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual, and you will not be the victim of the Dealer up-selling you seem to be falling for.

Perform the required maintenance according to the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual (or sooner if you like), keep your receipts, and your warranty will be fine.

This is all some very basic information, so feel free to ask any questions and good luck.
I'm not falling for anything and want to keep from. I just presented what info I was given. I belong to the Corsair (engine) forum to acquire info from veteran owners who have been thru this and hopefully can add to someone issues. Thanks for your input.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio

I also received a letter from Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plan suggesting extended warranty. I'm to discuss the plan levels/cost with the dealership I purchased it from this week. Do any of you have any experience with this extended service plan?

I suggest going online to look at extended warranties offered by Zeigler and Flood. Many people have purchased from them, including me. They offer legitimate Lincoln premium extended warranty at much lower prices than most dealers offer. It is easy to go online and look at their costs. My dealer offered me the extended warranty for 7 years 125,000 miles with $100 deductible for $3000. I purchased the exact same one from Flood for $1960.

I suggest going online to look at extended warranties offered by Zeigler and Flood. Many people have purchased from them, including me. They offer legitimate Lincoln premium extended warranty at much lower prices than most dealers offer. It is easy to go online and look at their costs. My dealer offered me the extended warranty for 7 years 125,000 miles with $100 deductible for $3000. I purchased the exact same one from Flood for $1960.

Perform the required maintenance according to the Maintenance Schedule in your Owners Manual (or sooner if you like), keep your receipt, and your warranty will be fine.

Thanks for the input! I've reviewed Flood Preminum Care 7yrs 125,000 miles $100 ded $1965. Zeigler same for $1910.00. Both are pd in full quotes. Wanting to speak with dealership before purchasing.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Thanks for the input! I've reviewed Flood Preminum Care 7yrs 125,000 miles $100 ded $1965. Zeigler same for $1910.00. Both are pd in full quotes. Wanting to speak with dealership before purchasing.
I would print out those quotes and take them with you. I did. My dealership wouldn't budge on the price so I declined to purchase it from them. Others have been successful in negotiating a price match.

bbf2530

Hi NewOwner. Yes, it never hurts to try and negotiate the price down with your Lincoln Dealership (and/or other Lincoln/Ford Dealerships in your area). Most will not go as low as the better online sellers, but a few here and there do.

I highly recommend Zeigler Automotive Group. Have purchased my last 4 Lincoln ESP's from them online, and recommend them (along with Flood Ford) in numerous threads here on the Lincoln Forums and elsewhere.

I always find Zeigler to offer the lowest prices, followed closely by Flood Ford, as your experience also showed.

Also, keep in mind that the LED Lighting Coverage and Key Coverage are both optional. I would highly recommend getting both, since the cost is minimal. Although many sellers automatically include them in a price quote, not all do.
Extended Rental car coverage is also optional. Decide if you need it or not.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.