Rust

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

2DS

Anybody else having an issue with their Corsair rusting? I have a rust spot with corrosion inside the driver door sill. I notice everytime it rains there is a couple spots of water laying in that area when I open the door.

HotrodLinkin

Shouldn't do that, problem on the factory paint line. Do this: clean off the rust, immediately spray a thin coat of clearcoat. You will have to mask off the surrounding area first.

bbf2530

Anybody else having an issue with their Corsair rusting? I have a rust spot with corrosion inside the driver door sill. I notice everytime it rains there is a couple spots of water laying in that area when I open the door.

Hi 2DS. Is your Corsair still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, do not touch it, make a service appointment and have it taken care of under warranty.

If you will need a complementary loaner, tell them so when you set up the appointment.

On a side note: A few drops of water sitting on the sill is normal, as long as it is outside the inner door seals.

But the rust needs to be addressed

Keep us updated and good luck.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Shouldn't do that, problem on the factory paint line. Do this: clean off the rust, immediately spray a thin coat of clearcoat. You will have to mask off the surrounding area first.
Don't do this if the vehicle is still under factory warranty. You could void warranty coverage for the rust. According to the Lincoln warranty guide, corrosion warranty is for 5 years and unlimited mileage. Not knowing what year your Corsair is I downloaded the warranty guide for the 2020 Corsair. I truly doubt this coverage would change in 2021 or 2022.

Attachments

• 2020-Lincoln-Car-LT-Truck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2019.pdf
    339.6 KB · Views: 1

HotrodLinkin

Page 10 says otherwise, as it has for decades.... Perforation Only. You have surface rust, considered cosmetic and not a functional problem. Therefore, if you can't live with it you must do what I outlined above. The clearcoat will form a moisture barrier.

2DS

Its a 2020 corsair so Its under full warranty still. And I did take it to the dealer and they said they will not fix it. That It was something I did to cause it to corrode. Very disappointing. A 50k plus vehicle should not be rusting already.

bbf2530

Its a 2020 corsair so Its under full warranty still. And I did take it to the dealer and they said they will not fix it. That It was something I did to cause it to corrode. Very disappointing. A 50k plus vehicle should not be rusting already.

Hi 2DS. Contact Lincoln Concierge. Many owners have had this or similar issues repaired under warranty.

Good luck.