Rubber Floor Mat recommendation?

Griswald

Just bought a 2010 TC.
Does anyone have recommendations for rubber / all weather floor mats?
Specific brand that fits well? Black interior so I I want black mats
I'd rather not muck up the OEM carpet mats
thanks

Griswald

I'm not opposed to the WeatherTech, but it is pricey

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
What? Those pictures look like full coverage unless you’re expecting literally 100% coverage of all carpeted areas no matter how vertical

It did not come all the way to the edges, carpet between the sill and the mat was still exposed. Did not go under the seat enough and the overall fit was terrible. Gaps and bulges, but whatever. Maybe you would like it, I didn't. To each their own.

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
Agree with jkeaton, the Weathertech mats are not the be all, end all solution, at least for me. To each his own. I wrote in another post the same issues, gaps and bulges exist. I "massaged" mine a bit (heat gun) and made do with the results. Weathertech commands a premium price for a not so premium fit. They need to recalibrate the laser used for measurements.

I've kept mine, only because this is a hobby car and I can't find thick rubber mats that fit better. If the Weathertech mat material was more pliable, it might fit better. My OEM rubber mats in my Escape and F-150 work perfectly. Funny, I bought a Weathertech cut-to-fit rear cargo mat at Costco for cheap. Thick black rubber and it works.

Norms1stTC

I got the Amazon cheapies for mine, front back and trunk, the thing I liked about them was cut to fit, you could manipulate where you wanted most coverage, less than $40 shipped to my door and a sharp pair of ✂️ works for me, I was thinking weather tech also but I saw the same pics, coverage wasn't all that great... And the expense was silly .

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
I think Weathertech could have done a better job with the front mat by not going "over the hump" and focused more on offering two individual, well-fitting mats. I used my heat gun to try and do a little reforming and get a better fit, but this didn't work out as hoped. They have a pretty good thermosetting mold process and any reshape attempt eventually reverted back to the original shape.

I don't need the over the hump feature in front, as I would never subject anyone to sitting on the hump, their back against the armrest bottom. This would also eliminate my cupholder (folded). However, the full rear mat is useful, with three passengers. I might still keep looking at cut to fit rubber mats, but my interior is camel and I don't really want black mats, prefer the tan color.