• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Roof rust

Pilinc

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and joined because I am looking for guidance regarding rust. I bought a 2011 MKT (privately) a week ago and although I went over the car fairly thoroughly, it obviously was not enough. The car has less than 60,000kms and still has another 21 months on extended warranty (which is another reason I felt comfortable buying the car).
I have discovered some reasonably serious bubbling on the panel next to the sunroof - the car had a clean CarProof and there is no other trauma, scratches, dents, etc. in the area of the rust (or on the vehicle for that matter). Lincoln/Ford are refusing to assist on the grounds that the car is 3 months past the limit on the "paint" warranty and the corrosion warranty only covers actual holes in the primary panels (so the sunroof panel is not covered anyway).
This all seems pretty shabby from a company that purports to manufacture a quality, luxury product.
Does anyone know where I can go from here to try to persuade Lincoln to fix what is evidently a manufacturing defect? Thanks.

adamjeeps

I like to upload pictures to a photobucket account. From there, copy the image link and paste it into your post. That was you dont have to store the pictures on your computer. Your post simply links to the photobucket account. As long as you don't change where the picture is on your photobucket account, the picture will remain posted forever on this site.

Pilinc

Hi, I did as you suggested and was informed that the post would have to be approved. I guess it wasn't!

The rust is established and about an 1.5 inches wide on the edge of the trim next to the sunroof. The paint is perforated, but as yet there is not actual hole in the metal.

Any suggestions?

George48051

I have the same issue on my 2010 MKT and also paint bubbles on passenger front door. Did you ever resolve the issue?

HTML