• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Roku

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

smalt0141

I just got my Roku the other day and hooked it up with no problems, but when I got to the first start up screen, the remote was constantly sending a signal to the Roku. I took the batteries out and put them back in and everything seemed fine until I put the back cover back on the remote and it started going crazy again. Sure enough, if I take the back cover off the remote, it works fine. With the back cover off, if I squeeze the remote a certain way, the remote goes off again. Somehow it seems if the remote is squeezed, it makes the home button go off even though it's not being pressed. Anyone have this problem and figure out a fix for it?

I've sent an email to Roku support and they have replied twice with things to check that have nothing to do with my remote problem. Do they just copy and paste generic answers or what? It's like they aren't listening to what I'm telling them. First they told me to check my auto dimming on my TV or to see if a wireless remote for my PS2 was causing the issue. I have no TV with auto dimming and no wireless remote for my PS2. Then they had me reset and set up the Roku again. What does any of that have to do with the remote malfunctioning the way I described?

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I just got my Roku the other day and hooked it up with no problems, but when I got to the first start up screen, the remote was constantly sending a signal to the Roku. I took the batteries out and put them back in and everything seemed fine until I put the back cover back on the remote and it started going crazy again. Sure enough, if I take the back cover off the remote, it works fine. With the back cover off, if I squeeze the remote a certain way, the remote goes off again. Somehow it seems if the remote is squeezed, it makes the home button go off even though it's not being pressed. Anyone have this problem and figure out a fix for it?

I've sent an email to Roku support and they have replied twice with things to check that have nothing to do with my remote problem. Do they just copy and paste generic answers or what? It's like they aren't listening to what I'm telling them. First they told me to check my auto dimming on my TV or to see if a wireless remote for my PS2 was causing the issue. I have no TV with auto dimming and no wireless remote for my PS2. Then they had me reset and set up the Roku again. What does any of that have to do with the remote malfunctioning the way I described?

Wrong forum dude. :rolleyes: