Rim types based on year, model/trim level?

TC_Owner_GA

While waiting for my car to be repaired, I have been looking at several pictures of TC's between the 2003 to 2011 model years. Does anyone know if it is the year model, or trim level that determines which rims were used on a certain TC? Some of the pictures I'm seeing show the same rims being used on various years and trim levels.

bbf2530

While waiting for my car to be repaired, I have been looking at several pictures of TC's between the 2003 to 2011 model years. Does anyone know if it is the year model, or trim level that determines which rims were used on a certain TC? Some of the pictures I'm seeing show the same rims being used on various years and trim levels.

Hi TC. Yes, it is the year/model/trim level etc., that determines which wheels are on a Town Car from the factory. Some wheels were factory available over several/various model years, others not. And some wheel styles are added over the years, while others are dropped.

Added variables:
-Optional wheel choices (in addition to whatever was the base wheel on a particular trim level) that were sometimes available on various model years and trim levels.
-When looking at photos, owners may have installed wheels that were not even available for their model year when new. So unless it is an old, factory file photo, you can not determine what a Town Car owner may have put on the car later.

Good luck.

2 Abrahams 4 Me

Hey. I am not sure the exact model year but there was a change to a 17" rim in the last few years of production. My 2005 & 06 have 17". Apparently you can't just bolt on 16" rims on the 17" model years, need spacers, adapters, whatever. THere were different rims around as well. Basic alloy and a chrome version of that as well. Some upper level trim packages had custom rims specific to that car. like the Ultimate/Signature Ltd of 04 & 05. Also Executive L had their own rims as well. I run my winter tires on old airport limo rims. You could check a tire/rim site for details like 1010 tires.