• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Rim size options for second set snow tires on 2010 MKS

jlpierce70

I did a search but only seem to find MKZ.

It seems like I read somewhere that 17" wheels wouldn't clear the calipaers on our 2010 MKS AWD Ecoboost with 20" factory wheels.

Looked to find a second set of wheels for winter that I can put some snow tires on. I figure 17" or 18" wheels and tires will be cheaper.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what will work? I see a few sets of 17" rims off of Fusions used locally but want to make sure they'll work.

Airborne

It seems like I read somewhere that 17" wheels wouldn't clear the calipaers on our 2010 MKS AWD Ecoboost with 20" factory wheels.

Looked to find a second set of wheels for winter that I can put some snow tires on. I figure 17" or 18" wheels and tires will be cheaper.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what will work? I see a few sets of 17" rims off of Fusions used locally but want to make sure they'll work.
Yes, Ford 17" rims will work, can't garrentee aftermarket. Your spare is 17 inch. You would need 18 with the 2013+ brakes.

jlpierce70

OK, thanks! I must have read about the newer MKS needing 18"
I would get some factory Ford or Lincoln take offs, not looking to spend a lot on rims, Just something that looks decent on the car.

bbf2530

Hi jlpierce. A 17" wheel will fit, according to The Tire Rack (a very solid source): https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?autoMake=Lincoln&autoModel=MKS+AWD&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=3.5L+V6+EcoBoost&package=false

Of course, all other wheel specs, such as width, offset, centerbore, lug spacing etc, must also be correct.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

HTML