Revel Ultima

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
2017 MKZ 3.0t Black Label
I love the contis rear entertainment controls, but is the Revel Ultima system different than what they put in the MKZ?

Thank you

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I love the contis rear entertainment controls, but is the Revel Ultima system different than what they put in the MKZ?

Thank you

Hi BC52. Essentially, it is the same Revel Ultima system as in the MKZ. Except it would be somewhat more tailored/optimized for the different acoustics of a Continental, versus an MKZ.

In fact, according to what I found when answering a Revel related question the other day (from the Dealer Order Guides and Brochures), the Revel Ultima system in the Continental only has 19 speakers ("only" 19 speakers...lol) versus 20 speakers in the MKZ Revel Ultima system.

Good luck.

Last edited:

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
Thank you - it's weird because when I was trying to find out info about the Revel system on the MKZ when I first got the car, some said 19 and some said 20 ( like the sticker) so I went with the sticker specs - I still have to resolve some of the vibration coming from the rear - should it vibrate? I don't have the bass cranked or anything

As you can tell, I'm still sniffing for a continental LOL - love the seats and the look :)

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Thank you - it's weird because when I was trying to find out info about the Revel system on the MKZ when I first got the car, some said 19 and some said 20 ( like the sticker) so I went with the sticker specs - I still have to resolve some of the vibration coming from the rear - should it vibrate? I don't have the bass cranked or anything

As you can tell, I'm still sniffing for a continental LOL - love the seats and the look :)

Hi BC52. I would hazard to guess that vibration would not be considered normal at most reasonable volume settings, short of neighborhood rattling. 🙃

I get no vibrations from my Revel Ultima system and am very happy with it. It's by far the best factory audio system I have ever had in my cars.

Good luck.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Hi BC52. I would hazard to guess that vibration would not be considered normal at most reasonable volume settings, short of neighborhood rattling. 🙃

I get no vibrations from my Revel Ultima system and am very happy with it. It's by far the best factory audio system I have ever had in my cars.

Good luck.
I agree it is probably not normal. I love the revel ultima one of the big reasons for getting a lincoln. Id also recommend trying a couple different tracks to determine if its a possible issue with the track you are playing or if its fairly constant with similar music.

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
Thanks guys - although I'm NOT gonna get the dealership to investigate it, lol, unless it's for free, I'll have my mechanic look at it - I wonder if due to having 89k mi, it may have jarred something

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Thanks guys - although I'm NOT gonna get the dealership to investigate it, lol, unless it's for free, I'll have my mechanic look at it - I wonder if due to having 89k mi, it may have jarred something
Potentially true. You also can always adjust the sound positioning around the cabin to determine if its the same on both sides or if you can locate the problematic speaker.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Also an interesting article I found on the conti since you are still looking into it.

BC52

Jul 1, 2022
My Lincoln
Also an interesting article I found on the conti since you are still looking into it.

Thank you ! Enjoyed the article - maybe it will be my successor car

Incoln Own

Jun 7, 2015

I agree with above. Great article.

dmorneau

Mar 11, 2021
Just a little note to let you know that I have both the Continental & MKZ. Both fully loaded and there is a little bit of a difference in the audio systems, to me that is. I find the Continental I hear more of the music then in the MKZ. Why, I'm not sure. I did have that vibration problem in the MKZ , but it seems to have disappeared. As for the real difference is they have the same engine, but I find the MKZ more responsive then the Continental. The ride is considerable different. Much smoother and quieter in the Continental. Maybe that missing speaker in the Continental makes for better quality sound.