Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Replacing headlight switch

herromc

Thread starter #1
I'm replacing the headlight switch on my '91 Town Car. My question is, the three terminals at the rear of the switch (photo attached), I assume is for the dimmer, but I can't find the connector or the wires that would go there. Is that possible? Were there some T.C. that didn't use that? Or should I go hunting for the the wires?

Attachments

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I will take a look at the 1992 model since i don't have anything on a 1991. From what i think i know there are several light switches to match VIN features. Digital or regular dash and dimmer for lights were some of the various light switches available on RockAuto. Your dealer would tell you the part number for your VIN and you could match it to RockAuto part numbers.

I am on my phone now so don't have access.

Good luck.

herromc

Thread starter #3
Town,
I got the original part number from a ford dealer, and I bought an original motorcraft switch, so I know it's correct. I'm just wondering if it's possible that those three terminals weren't used?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Yes, I think those terminals relate to features that are not present on your car. RockAuto lists headlamp switches with different features including: electronic dash, mechanical dash, auto headlght control, dimmer. You must have the correct part since it matches your VIN. What is your setup for the dash and headlamp features? The connector on your car sets the features for the switch connectors.

Good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML