• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

replace the remote starter fob

dougernautt

Hello everyone,

2010 MKT. Love this car.

My wife stepped up a curb, tripped and fell, and dropped her keys in the gutter during a torrential downpour. The keys were taken about ten feet away before they disappereed down a curbside sewer grate. Wife is ok.

I have since replaced the remote fob but the starter is gone. Dealer says its after market and not factory ? How to tell ? Where would one put this system ? Under the dash ? Does anyone else have this as a factory option ?

Lastly, can I get someone to reprogram a fob to my car ?

thanks everyone for looking.

Doug

leandro

Hello everyone,

2010 MKT. Love this car.

My wife stepped up a curb, tripped and fell, and dropped her keys in the gutter during a torrential downpour. The keys were taken about ten feet away before they disappereed down a curbside sewer grate. Wife is ok.

I have since replaced the remote fob but the starter is gone. Dealer says its after market and not factory ? How to tell ? Where would one put this system ? Under the dash ? Does anyone else have this as a factory option ?

Lastly, can I get someone to reprogram a fob to my car ?

thanks everyone for looking.

Doug
Reprogram I know locksmith does it too, bit cheaper than at dealer. Good luck

Airborne

If you have a hood sensor like in the picture, it is OEM remote starter.20191107_071958.jpg
It looks aftermarket, and if your dealership has not seen it before, they might think it's aftermarket, but it's all Ford. I would be surprised if it had aftermarket RS due to no company making a RS for the 10-12 Lincoln with push button start. Buy RS fob online and program yourself. Program instructions are on line, Google search.

Mercinator

Airborne,
They do indeed make modules/systems that will interface and work with the 10-12 MKT. The easiest way to know is to drop your drivers underdash panel and look for a brain box to the system. The other plan is to simply take to your local alarm/car audio shop and have them look for the obvious.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I bought a third remote fob at Ace Hardware for less than half the cost of the dealer. Ace has the technology to cut the key and program the car/fob.
How much was it at ACE hardware? How long did it take you? I have lost one key fob and need one extra apart from the only one I have left. I have asked around and individual locksmith have told me around 160-190 for a key fob completely programmed. Actually had one guy scheduled and he never showed up. ACE would definitely be more reliable.

Airborne

Airborne,
They do indeed make modules/systems that will interface and work with the 10-12 MKT. The easiest way to know is to drop your drivers underdash panel and look for a brain box to the system. The other plan is to simply take to your local alarm/car audio shop and have them look for the obvious.
Google search and everyone is an expert.
I can also search on Ebay for main bearings for a 1989 Taurus SHO, buy them for $19.95 thinking I just found the holy grail. When I receive them "but they said these main bearings are for the DOHC, these are for the OHV, don't they know there application chart is wrong!?"

HTML