Removing drivers seat

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

PANAM811

Hello .. even though I’m 6’2” tall I still find that the drivers seat sits too low for me .. I need to sit one inch higher approximately in my seat .. Is there a way to adjust the auto rise on the drivers seat or put in a one inch spacer to lift the rear seat bolts …? Thank you, Malcolm

oktowncar

Hello .. even though I’m 6’2” tall I still find that the drivers seat sits too low for me .. I need to sit one inch higher approximately in my seat .. Is there a way to adjust the auto rise on the drivers seat or put in a one inch spacer to lift the rear seat bolts …? Thank you, Malcolm
It would help us to know the Year, Make, and Model of vehicle

bbf2530

Hi PANAM. I'm a bit confused. When you state "auto rise"...are you referring to the memory seating with easy entry/exit seats? If yes, just adjust your seating position ~1" higher and save the setting in a memory button.

And assuming you have a Town Car (people post in the incorrect sub-forums all the time?), knowing the model year and trim level would also help, as oktowncar stated.

Good luck.

PANAM811

Hi PANAM. Still wondering why don't use the power seat controls to raise the seat ~1" and save the position, instead of reprogramming the seat or removing it to install spacers? Is something wrong with the power seat controls?

Good luck.
No they work just fine but the travel stops about an inch too low for me .. I just want it to raise up higher than it presently does and the last thing I ever want to do is sit on a cushion ..!! Ha..!

bbf2530

I had sort of thought he was saying the seat is all the way up and he needs another inch. I wish mine could go higher, too, but I'm 5'9" with a short torso.
No they work just fine but the travel stops about an inch too low for me .. I just want it to raise up higher than it presently does and the last thing I ever want to do is sit on a cushion ..!! Ha..!
I'm 6' 2" also and my 98' TC will push me into the headliner if I adjust the seat up too much

Hi gang. That is what I could not understand. At 6'2", a properly working height adjustment should have the OP's head against the headliner. Even without a moonroof. Unless he also has an exceptionally short torso.

I think perhaps the adjustments are not working properly and the seat is not raising to it's full height.

See if something under the seat is blocking the adjustment mechanisms. If it looks clear, have it looked at by a Lincoln Dealer or independent shop you trust.

Or perhaps the seat bottom cushion is damaged, flattened from age/usage. Just thinking out loud here.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

PANAM811

OK .. I will take it to a dealer .. this is a beautiful, low mileage (45,000) car which has been kept in great shape .. I put a two inch cushion on the seat and sat down .. I still have at least 1.5 inches before the headliner while sitting on the cushion so I do believe that the electric seat mechanism must not be geared properly .. the seat has been used but it’s not unusually depressed .. MM