Remote Start

stan32225

When I remote start my 2020 Nautilus the rear window defroster comes on automatically? The car is in a garage. I located the settings for remote start and there is no function to disable this feature. Do you think if the temperature is at a certain level this activates the rear defrost? Since the car is always in the garage, I do not need to have this feature turn on every time I remote start the car.

bbf2530

When I remote start my 2020 Nautilus the rear window defroster comes on automatically? The car is in a garage. I located the settings for remote start and there is no function to disable this feature. Do you think if the temperature is at a certain level this activates the rear defrost? Since the car is always in the garage, I do not need to have this feature turn on every time I remote start the car.

Hi stan. Yes, the ambient temperature does affect this function.

It can be turned off in the remote start settings. You essentially need to disable the "Auto" settings. I know how to do it in my MKZ, but can not give you a step by step for a Nautilus. If another member can not jump in with instructions, you can find them in the Owners Manual. Or alternately, take a little time to scroll through the settings.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Cowpix

How cold is your garage? My F150 activates the rear window defrost and heated steering wheel upon remote start when below a certain temperature.

stan32225

Hi stan. Yes, the ambient temperature does affect this function.

It can be turned off in the remote start settings. You essentially need to disable the "Auto" settings. I know how to do it in my MKZ, but can not give you a step by step for a Nautilus. If another member can not jump in with instructions, you can find them in the Owners Manual. Or alternately, take a little time to scroll through the settings.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you so much for the reply. I will revisit the settings.

stan32225

How cold is your garage? My F150 activates the rear window defrost and heated steering wheel upon remote start when below a certain temperature.
I live in North Florida. This time of the year it is not that cold. I will wait until a little later in the year when the temperature increases to see if it effects it.

jhartz

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia Beach, VA
Not sure how this works on the Nautilus: but on my 2020 Continental Reserve I can go into settings at set the remote start to start from last settings . . .

stan32225

I live in North Florida. This time of the year it is not that cold. I will wait until a little later in the year when the temperature increases to see if it effects it.
Update: I discovered the rear window defogger is effected by the temperature when remote starting.