Remote features disabled to preserve battery

ToeKnee46

My Corsair is one year old (2-10-2020). It has 1,043 miles on it. The battery was recently replaced, which was a little troubling, and now every time I shut it off, no matter how long I've been driving, I get the message: "Remote features disabled to preserve battery." I used to have remote features, like lighting up at night when I walk towards it. No more. Is it possible the new battery is no good?

Dguffin

SD
1K miles a year is not good for a battery. Battery never gets charged right, and is always discharged causing problems. You should have a battery maintainer charging your battery all the time.

2DS

i went through 3 batteries already with less than 5,000 miles. I see it on here alot must be an issue with corsair's. You shouldnt have to buy a charger on a brand new vehicle. I was told the same thing. Still no solution to the battery drain. Been in the garage 5 times already

Sable95

This morning Lincoln Roadside boosted the battery for our Corsair, at the time he said it read 2 amps & I should take it to the dealer & get a new battery. The dealer just phoned & said I don't need a new battery as they charged it up to 12 amps. Who should I believe ? Is it hard to get the dealer to replace the battery ? Thanks

ToeKnee46

This morning Lincoln Roadside boosted the battery for our Corsair, at the time he said it read 2 amps & I should take it to the dealer & get a new battery. The dealer just phoned & said I don't need a new battery as they charged it up to 12 amps. Who should I believe ? Is it hard to get the dealer to replace the battery ? Thanks
My car was under warranty, so they just replaced the battery. It's a 2020 Corsair with only 1,042 miles on it. But it doesn't seem like this new battery is good because I keep getting that message on my iPhone app about "Remote features disabled to preserve battery." It seems like there's something draining the battery when the car is parked. I start it every day and let it run, even if I don't drive it.

Black Beauty

Sports Car Junkie
Last two messages my wife’s 2020 Natilus Reserve sent us.

Attachments

• B1B0A745-2768-4EFE-A014-D70272164DCE.jpeg
    B1B0A745-2768-4EFE-A014-D70272164DCE.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 3
  • A8344FD7-D157-4B2F-B2BB-A77C937BFEB8.jpeg
    A8344FD7-D157-4B2F-B2BB-A77C937BFEB8.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
You said the battery was replaced "recently". Exactly when? And if it has only 1000 miles after a year, you are probably just not using it enough so it goes into the saving mode.

2DS

Mine is my everday driver and i get those messages. 3 batteries a system reprogram and everything. I refuse to buy a charger for a 50k vehicle. There is just something draining the battery that they do not know how to fix. Keep at it. Maybe they will find a solution. Unfortunately this is a common issue from what i hear

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Mine is my everday driver and i get those messages. 3 batteries a system reprogram and everything. I refuse to buy a charger for a 50k vehicle. There is just something draining the battery that they do not know how to fix. Keep at it. Maybe they will find a solution. Unfortunately this is a common issue from what i hear
Sorry, I was speaking to ToeKnee46. Yours definitely sounds off and I hope it gets sorted out.

ToeKnee46

You said the battery was replaced "recently". Exactly when? And if it has only 1000 miles after a year, you are probably just not using it enough so it goes into the saving mode.
I don't drive long distances, but I start it every day and let it run, just to keep the battery up. I drive somewhere at least two or three times a week. The battery was replaced about a month ago, so the car was 11 months old at the time. It doesn't matter how far I drive or how long the car is running, I always get that message when I shut it off. I went to get food with a friend, and the car was running about an hour, although part of that time was idling in a parking lot. Still got the message when I shut it off.

ToeKnee46

On my car, there is a little green LED light that flashes all the time. Maybe that's draining the battery. It's some kind of security device that the dealer installed aftermarket, I think.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I don't drive long distances, but I start it every day and let it run, just to keep the battery up. I drive somewhere at least two or three times a week. The battery was replaced about a month ago, so the car was 11 months old at the time. It doesn't matter how far I drive or how long the car is running, I always get that message when I shut it off. I went to get food with a friend, and the car was running about an hour, although part of that time was idling in a parking lot. Still got the message when I shut it off.
All that being the case, it sounds to my limited knowledge that there certainly is an issue. Hope you get it figured out and let us know.

Corsart

Part of the problem here is that it's hard to tell if the car/battery is at fault, or some other variable, like the inactivity of the car. Starting it up and letting it run (contrary to popular misconception) doesn't do much good for any part of the car: You probably use more juice to simply crank it then can be recharged for the time you let it idle, and the oil cannot get hot enough to evaporate any H2O condensation that might cause a problem over time.

As i've said elsewhere, modern cars (and especially luxury cars with a lot more tech) are better seen as computers with wheels rather than the "Cars" of our youth, so if you drive infrequently and continue to have battery issues, a tender like this (at least thru the winter months) is probably a good idea:

felixmendel

I got this message all the time. The auto engine stop feature also seemed to not work anymore and the proximity unlock feature occasionally did not work. The dealership ran the Lincoln battery test, which took 2.5 hours. It showed a bad battery and they will replace it under warranty. We had similar symptoms in our Audi A6 and it also had a bad battery within its first year. My conclusion: if you start seeing intermittent electronics problems in any modern internal combustion vehicle, ask the dealer to check the battery,

OldBrit

The same thing is happening to my Corsair, bought in December 2019. It's not really a problem because the car starts right away, but I just feel like a dork when I'm standing behind the car holding bags of groceries, waving my foot under the back bumper with nothing happening. It's winter (and I live in Canada, too) , plus I'm only using the car for short trips, which doesn't charge the battery. I have been trickle-charging it, but it does seem that the battery doesn't hold the charge for very long. I suspect that my car has the same battery fault that others have been reporting. My dealer is 250 km (155 miles) away, so it's not convenient to pop in and have it checked. I'm waiting for summer to see if the battery still loses its charge. It's a shame that with all the myriad of information that I can bring up on the driver's information display, there is no information about battery condition.

bbf2530

The same thing is happening to my Corsair, bought in December 2019. It's not really a problem because the car starts right away, but I just feel like a dork when I'm standing behind the car holding bags of groceries, waving my foot under the back bumper with nothing happening. It's winter (and I live in Canada, too) , plus I'm only using the car for short trips, which doesn't charge the battery. I have been trickle-charging it, but it does seem that the battery doesn't hold the charge for very long. I suspect that my car has the same battery fault that others have been reporting. My dealer is 250 km (155 miles) away, so it's not convenient to pop in and have it checked. I'm waiting for summer to see if the battery still loses its charge. It's a shame that with all the myriad of information that I can bring up on the driver's information display, there is no information about battery condition.

Hi OldBrit. Just in case it may help...Is there a more convenient Lincoln or Ford Dealer than the one you purchased at? You can have warranty work performed there, since your Dealer is rather inconvenient.
One caveat: A Ford Dealer is under no obligation to provide the Lincoln perks, such as a Lincoln Complementary Loaner vehicle or Lincoln Pickup and Delivery Service. So you would either need to wait while your vehicle is serviced, or arrange for a ride. Some Ford Dealers will provide a ride/shuttle service, if the destination is within a certain distance.

And as others have stated, starting the car and letting it idle does little to nothing as far as recharging the battery, may even hurt more than help, and certainly wastes fuel.
As mentioned in the Owners Manual and in the Lincoln Way app, driving the vehicle at speed, with as few accessories on as possible, is the ideal way to recharge. At least short of a battery tender/charger, which can be inconvenient for some owners to use regularly.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

OldBrit

Hi OldBrit. Just in case it may help...Is there a more convenient Lincoln or Ford Dealer than the one you purchased at? You can have warranty work performed there, since your Dealer is rather inconvenient.
One caveat: A Ford Dealer is under no obligation to provide the Lincoln perks, such as a Lincoln Complementary Loaner vehicle or Lincoln Pickup and Delivery Service. So you would either need to wait while your vehicle is serviced, or arrange for a ride. Some Ford Dealers will provide a ride/shuttle service, if the destination is within a certain distance.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Hello, bbf2530: Yes, there is a Ford dealer 125 km (78 miles) away, but if I drive there and ask him to check the battery, it'll be fully charged by the time I get there and no doubt he'll assure me that everything is fine. It sort of looks like spring is just around the corner here, and my wife is itching to get to Costco (where the Lincoln dealer is), and once we've got our Covid shots we'll be toodling off. The car is working perfectly fine otherwise.

Marc

If you could manage to borrow a load battery tester (aka toaster), it is a very easy and quick way to know if your battery is still good. 1614799495622.jpeg $40,00 Canadian Tire

Corsart

Not all trickle chargers are the same, you need one with the right amps. There's a correlation between amps and time to full recharge, and if you have a trickle with less than 5 amp output chances are you're not getting enough juice in it, the Corsair has an 800 CCA battery to power up and run all that electrical stuff. You need at least 5 amps, and 10 would be fine especially if you drive infrequently and it gets very cold between drives.

I sound like an advert here, but this is the minimum you want: https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS5-Fully-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation/dp/B07W8KJH44/ref=sr_1_5?crid=17K4W0GXY1T5M&dchild=1&keywords=trickle+charger&qid=1614810817&sprefix=trickle,aps,189&sr=8-5

Last edited: