• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Recycled LS

Pondering 36

I've been considering a drive system for a '36 Ford and am curious as to the insanity of putting a Duratec 30 out of a 2005 Lincoln LS (V6) into the vehicle. The aluminum block V6 is light weight, has decent power and gets good mileage. I have cheap access to a 2005 LS and would look to take engine, transmission, engine control management and at least part of the wiring harness from this vehicle. Anyone familiar with someone doing such a swap? Is this a ridiculous idea? Any feedback or direction to other sources would be appreciated.

don-ohio

I don't think it's good. You're calling the Jaguar V-6 a Duratec? I was not aware of that designation.
The Lincoln LS is a computer controlled nightmare. I sure wouldn't consider it.

Pondering 36

Don, Thanks for the comment. I've been looking at engines to use in this project and the electronics is what I'm most worried about. I know I'll need to get someone else involved when I get to that point, but am trying to come up with a donor car for the drive train that will get me decent power and good fuel economy, as I want to use this pickup as a driver, both daily and 400 mile highway runs. Not looking to build a hot rod with 400+ hp.

HTML