Recycled LS

Pondering 36

I've been considering a drive system for a '36 Ford and am curious as to the insanity of putting a Duratec 30 out of a 2005 Lincoln LS (V6) into the vehicle. The aluminum block V6 is light weight, has decent power and gets good mileage. I have cheap access to a 2005 LS and would look to take engine, transmission, engine control management and at least part of the wiring harness from this vehicle. Anyone familiar with someone doing such a swap? Is this a ridiculous idea? Any feedback or direction to other sources would be appreciated.

don-ohio

I don't think it's good. You're calling the Jaguar V-6 a Duratec? I was not aware of that designation.
The Lincoln LS is a computer controlled nightmare. I sure wouldn't consider it.

Pondering 36

Don, Thanks for the comment. I've been looking at engines to use in this project and the electronics is what I'm most worried about. I know I'll need to get someone else involved when I get to that point, but am trying to come up with a donor car for the drive train that will get me decent power and good fuel economy, as I want to use this pickup as a driver, both daily and 400 mile highway runs. Not looking to build a hot rod with 400+ hp.

HTML