Rear hoses coolant leaking

Thread starter #1

leandro

So My 2014 mkt I noticed a leak coming from the rear muffler(driver side), when i checked today, its coming from the black hose or clamps that goes behind the quarter panel driver side. It connect to a silver pipe. its looks like coolant. any idea why is leaking? i am hoping its the hose or clamps only. will take it wednesday to check.
thanks

Looker

My 2015 was putting out a lot of white smoke out of the rear tail pipes when under excelleration recently. It did it all the way down the street. I was out of town so I stopped and googled the closest ford dealer and started to drive there. When I took off again there was absolutely no smoke and I couldn’t get it to duplicate for the service agent. He said it could be the valve seals?

Sagar810

My 2015 was putting out a lot of white smoke out of the rear tail pipes when under excelleration recently. It did it all the way down the street. I was out of town so I stopped and googled the closest ford dealer and started to drive there. When I took off again there was absolutely no smoke and I couldn’t get it to duplicate for the service agent. He said it could be the valve seals?
I had this question recently in one of our local Colorado Ecoboost owners forum.

My problem, the car keeps smoking/steaming after it has completely warmed up/ even after 10-15 miles of driving.

I was told, the 3.5 TT has a lot of water vapor in the exhaust fumes hence the more than average smoke/steam coming out of the tailpipes. I have since then kept an eye on the coolant but dont see any cooland or oil loss. This has started happening since it started getting really cold here even at 5 in the evening when its time to go back home from work!

Sagar810

So My 2014 mkt I noticed a leak coming from the rear muffler(driver side), when i checked today, its coming from the black hose or clamps that goes behind the quarter panel driver side. It connect to a silver pipe. its looks like coolant. any idea why is leaking? i am hoping its the hose or clamps only. will take it wednesday to check.
thanks
Did you get any answer? did u notice any coolant level drop?

Looker

I could kinda understand in your cold climate. Mine happened in sunny San Diego. I also remember my son saying something to me a few days earlier that my car was putting out a lot of smoke one morning. I didn’t pay attention thinking it was just the normal early morning condensation.

I’m purchasing that damn extended warranty in the morning so I can sleep well.

I had this question recently in one of our local Colorado Ecoboost owners forum.

My problem, the car keeps smoking/steaming after it has completely warmed up/ even after 10-15 miles of driving.

I was told, the 3.5 TT has a lot of water vapor in the exhaust fumes hence the more than average smoke/steam coming out of the tailpipes. I have since then kept an eye on the coolant but dont see any cooland or oil loss. This has started happening since it started getting really cold here even at 5 in the evening when its time to go back home from work!

Thread starter #8

leandro

I’m not sure how a leak in the rear would mean you need a heater core up front... Try tightening the clamp. If it’s a crimp type, take it off, and get a screw clamp to replace it.
Its not the front heater core, its the rear one. They told me is leaking from it.

That’s interesting. I didn’t realize there are two of them. You may find some information on replacing it on FordFlex.net, as that’s much more active than this forum. Plus, the Flex has been around a tad longer than the MKT, and there are many more on the road, so various repairs are discussed there.

Thread starter #10

leandro

That’s interesting. I didn’t realize there are two of them. You may find some information on replacing it on FordFlex.net, as that’s much more active than this forum. Plus, the Flex has been around a tad longer than the MKT, and there are many more on the road, so various repairs are discussed there.
Will check it out. Thanks

Sagar810

Did they find out why it was going down?
No I have the appointment scheduled for next Wednesday. They have taken the car in before for the temp gauge dropping as well and did all the diagnosis for couple of days ( I know, I saw most of it on my dashcam!). They did not charge anything. I always make it a point to take a video or photo to show them to prove that it is could be a 'genuine' concern.

I highly doubt they will get much when they dont have a code to go by, but its free so its worth a try.

Sagar810

Heater Core - Ford (AE9Z-18476-B) | OEPartsQuick.

This is the OEM part I found online. This with install 350-400 (2-2.5 hours of labor) would not be something of a ripp off. Just the part sounds totally overpriced.

Whats the mileage on your car? Did you ask how much the dealership is charging to do this? if it is just a 50-80 dollar difference to do it at a dealership, it would be worth doing it through them for parts and labor both warrantied at the same place.

Thread starter #19

leandro

Heater Core - Ford (AE9Z-18476-B) | OEPartsQuick.

This is the OEM part I found online. This with install 350-400 (2-2.5 hours of labor) would not be something of a ripp off. Just the part sounds totally overpriced.

Whats the mileage on your car? Did you ask how much the dealership is charging to do this? if it is just a 50-80 dollar difference to do it at a dealership, it would be worth doing it through them for parts and labor both warrantied at the same place.
Hey. Thank you for the info. Mileageis 185k. i I only quoted the part at dealer with is $180. I am going there tomorrow to get price to do it there, they wouldn't give it over the phone. I am guessing 500-600. Thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML