Rear camera washer

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JB IN AZ

I must be having a bad day, as I can't find how to wash the rear camera (I know a wet sponge, or even a finger will do it) but there is a spray nozzle there. I have been unsuccessful in searching here or in the digital manual. How do I spray the rear camera lens?

Thanks

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I love a good mystery. The online manual says “Operating the windshield washer also turns on the front camera washer.” About the rear it says “Push the lever away from you to operate the rear window washer.” It does not mention the rear camera.

I’m going to GUESS pushing the lever runs the rear window washer AND washes the rear camera, but we’ll have to try (tomorrow) and see.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I love a good mystery. The online manual says “Operating the windshield washer also turns on the front camera washer.” About the rear it says “Push the lever away from you to operate the rear window washer.” It does not mention the rear camera.

I’m going to GUESS pushing the lever runs the rear window washer AND washes the rear camera, but we’ll have to try (tomorrow) and see.
If you run the rear windshield washer it also washes rear facing camera. I experienced it this morning as I backed out of my garage. I stopped in reverse and ran the rear windshield washer. The camera was still on and I saw the washer also wash the camera lens.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
If you run the rear windshield washer it also washes rear facing camera. I experienced it this morning as I backed out of my garage. I stopped in reverse and ran the rear windshield washer. The camera was still on and I saw the washer also wash the camera lens.
That's how my Nav's rear camera gets cleaned, with the rear window washer.

tgara

The backup camera washer is one of my favorite features. Right up there with the door keypad. Both have changed my life. :giggle: