Lincoln Forums Navigation:
  • We've set up for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules - and all viewers will need to agree to the privacy policy and terms of use. Everyone is probably used to this by now - but I thought I'd let you know in advance... Close this box by clicking the X at the right...

Rear Badges on my Continental

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #1
Just added for better or worse an addition on the rear of my Continental. I felt it needed something on the rear to show that it was a Continental. The emblems on the side are great but from behind there is just the Lincoln name. At a shopping center parking lot you approach from the back and do not see a name tag like on other vehicles. I've been asked several times which Lincoln is it. So I added some minor badging to it. I welcome comments.
IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0220.jpg

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #3
Very classy! I like it.
Thanks! I had the work done by a professional painter at a Mercedes dealership. I got it done there because I had stopped in to see the General Service Administrator for the combined dealerships and he ( a friend) and a tech suggested I get it painted on. The administrator said I could do it there and they would make room .I can't wait to let the Lincoln dealer see it next week. The Mercedes employees were great and advised where to place the word and then suggested the Lincoln Star on the other side.Maybe it will catch on!

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #5
Well, next week the Lincoln rep from the area will be visiting my dealer. I gave the new car manager the pictures. He is going to show them to the Lincoln district rep. I can't wait to hear his opinion on the rear badges.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #7
Not bad. It looks better than I thought it would. I wish the script Continental lettering was thicker - to be even more pronounced...
I thought about making it more prominent but I was not sure if it would become too much. One comment I got was that the script should have been italic letters.
It is subtle but there.
;)I almost bought a script from a 1974 Conti but some techs said thst it would look dated on a 2017. Maybe Lincoln will re-think the rear badges.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
I thought about making it more prominent but I was not sure if it would become too much. One comment I got was that the script should have been italic letters.
It is subtle but there.
;)I almost bought a script from a 1974 Conti but some techs said thst it would look dated on a 2017. Maybe Lincoln will re-think the rear badges.
They must have a reason for not having Continental badging on the rear. Perhaps they want to be mysterious. :p

stealthman

What is your current drive (car)? Do you have. 2017 Continental?
I don't have a 17 Conti yet. I saw one in person at Auto Show last weekend - it looked great in person. I used to have a 95 Conti and loved it. I am a car fanatic and have, as my wife tells me, too many cars ...but my daily driver is a 2012 Mercedes CLS550.

Thread starter #16
Took my car to the dealer to get it washed and when the service advisor came to get it , I asked what he thought of the rear look. He studied it for a while and said he could see no damage. I said there was no damage but an addition was made. He asked where? I couldn't believe he did not notice the badging. I told him that the word and star were added to the car. He said that he thought they were always there and did not think of looking for that at all. He said that he expected cars to have badges on the rear and thought it looked good. Oh, well!

Thread starter #19
Someone commented to me the rear badges are disappearing on cars. They have mostly left the sides of the cars , so in traffic if you are not familiar with the brand you have no idea what it is. I think the car manufacturers saved money by not putting them on but I feel it leaves a void.
Lincoln did add the side badge to the Conti and I think it is slick. I think Americans are proud of their car choice and want to show it. If Europeans want to delete rear badges (such as Mercedes) then it should stay in Eurooe.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Perhaps the idea is to drum up showroom traffic from people seeing the attractive Lincoln but wanting to know the model, so they satisfy their curiosity at the showroom floor. Mercedes and BMW still show their brand logo and model alphabet on the rear, so I don't think it is going away as much as Lincoln selecting the path less travelled.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML