• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Really hard shift fron Park to Drive only when its very cold outside.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I am seeing a really hard shift when its cold outside and the car is has been parked and completely cold. Shifting from Park to Drive is slightly laggy and I can hear a very big thud. I am not sure how my transmission oil can be bad at 2 years and 16K miles, I never face any other gearchange issue and dont even see this issue once its warmed up.

Anyone else have hard shift issue when the car is really cold?

FYI: I wait for atleast 15-30 seconds after starting the car to put it into gear even if it is not needed on modern cars but I feel safe doing it that way. :)

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I haven’t noticed that with my ‘14 with 85k miles on it. I do have an issue of it acting like it wants to stall on a cold start if I don’t let it warm up for about a minute or so. It has a constant hesitation/jerk. I know it’s not a fuel pump module problem, since that was just replaced under recall at the dealer. I still have to do some more searching to see if any other Ford 3.5 EBs have that issue, and hope there’s an easy fix for it.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I have not had any gear shift issue once I have it in Drive in the morning. I am planning another 1800 mile road trip in the car tomorrow, so I am hoping for the best as the dealer wont give a damn if I ask him to just check the tranny fluid level or color for my peace of mind today.

HTML