Re call

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Hans40

Apr 19, 2022
Called my nearest Lincoln dealer today for the recall on the GT. I bought the GT from a different dealer because we could not agree on price, said dealer had the GT marked $5000 over MSRP. They would not consider selling at MSRP, I am a retired Ford employee so I usually buy at the employee price but I was willing to pay MSRP as the GT was exactly what the wife wanted. I went to a different dealer about and hour and half from my house and they had exactly what I was looking for and willing to sell at employee price so we purchased the car. Calling the other near dealer for the re call they gave me a run around about being booked for a few month down the road and they couldn't get to it sooner. I know they did it because I didn't buy from them. Kind of sad the dealers can do what ever they want and Ford can't or won't do anything about it. The dealer I bought from said I can bring the car in right away for the re call so I guess I have to make the long drive.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Called my nearest Lincoln dealer today for the recall on the GT. I bought the GT from a different dealer because we could not agree on price, said dealer had the GT marked $5000 over MSRP. They would not consider selling at MSRP, I am a retired Ford employee so I usually buy at the employee price but I was willing to pay MSRP as the GT was exactly what the wife wanted. I went to a different dealer about and hour and half from my house and they had exactly what I was looking for and willing to sell at employee price so we purchased the car. Calling the other near dealer for the re call they gave me a run around about being booked for a few month down the road and they couldn't get to it sooner. I know they did it because I didn't buy from them. Kind of sad the dealers can do what ever they want and Ford can't or won't do anything about it. The dealer I bought from said I can bring the car in right away for the re call so I guess I have to make the long drive.

Hi hans40. My Service Advisor at my Lincoln Dealership told me that due to the parts and tech/mechanic shortages, they are not accepting any new customers for now, so that they can concentrate on taking care of their current customers. So they will only accept appointments for previous service customers and new buyers from their Dealership.

Policies like these will vary from Dealership to Dealership, so call your Lincoln Concierge if you have problems getting service.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
Hi hans40. My Service Advisor at my Lincoln Dealership told me that due to the parts and tech/mechanic shortages, they are not accepting any new customers for now, so that they can concentrate on taking care of their current customers. So they will only accept appointments for previous service customers and new buyers from their Dealership.

Policies like these will vary from Dealership to Dealership, so call your Lincoln Concierge if you have problems getting service.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
I would be on the phone with a Lincoln concierge seconds after I heard that. How absurb!

I know it didn't affect you, but to even have a dealer employee say this......

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I would be on the phone with a Lincoln concierge seconds after I heard that. How absurb!

I know it didn't affect you, but to even have a dealer employee say this......

Hi JB. I guess it all comes down to perception. If I am a customer who has purchased a vehicle from my Dealership, and have given them my business, I appreciate the fact that they are prioritizing their customers and I don't need to wait a month or two for a service appointment because customers of other Dealerships are getting taken care of first.

But to be honest, I and no one else should be shocked, if we try to take our vehicle for warranty work to another Dealership than the one we purchased from, and they decide to take care of their customers first, resulting in me/us being at the back of the line for warranty service. That goes for the Dealerships of all auto manufacturers, especially during these more difficult times.

Auto Dealerships are independent franchises. They can schedule appointments as they feel necessary. We may not like that when it inconveniences us, but it is a fact of life. If we choose to buy somewhere else because we got a better deal, then there can be inconveniences when we need warranty service.

However, calling Lincoln Concierge for help never hurts.

Good luck.

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
Hi JB. I guess it all comes down to perception. If I am a customer who has purchased a vehicle from my Dealership, and have given them my business, I appreciate the fact that they are prioritizing their customers and I don't need to wait a month or two for a service appointment because customers of other Dealerships are getting taken care of first.

But to be honest, I and no one else should be shocked, if we try to take our vehicle for warranty work to another Dealership than the one we purchased from, and they decide to take care of their customers first, resulting in me/us being at the back of the line for warranty service. That goes for the Dealerships of all auto manufacturers, especially during these more difficult times.

Auto Dealerships are independent franchises. They can schedule appointments as they feel necessary. We may not like that when it inconveniences us, but it is a fact of life. If we choose to buy somewhere else because we got a better deal, then there can be inconveniences when we need warranty service.

However, calling Lincoln Concierge for help never hurts.

Good luck.
You are right, of course, and I was too quick to condemn. I'm looking at it from someone who DID buy from a dealer 100 miles away, when there is a Lincoln dealer "in town", that I would have preferred to buy from.

My kids (with my assistance, heh) and I have bought MANY vehicles from the local dealer over many years. I even bought the '21 Corsair (just 7 months earlier) that was totaled, from them. I tried to buy it's replacement from them again in March '22, believe me. I tried very hard, but they seemed to be WAY out of line, and would not go below ~$5,000 over MSRP on a "left over" 21 Corsair that had been on their lot for over 90 days! They had a couple of base 22s that I didn't want. Same sales rep over all these years! I dunno, maybe they were having a bad day??? I suspect that they didn't really want to sell that car, as it sat there for another couple of months, until I stopped looking! LOL

So I went home, and was on the Lincoln website just configuring a Corsair, looking at inventory, and this dealer 100 miles away showed TWO '22s inbound exactly as I would want. I emailed them and they were selling AT MSRP, no add-ons necessary. I said SOLD! No surprises at delivery, and I was very happy, except I ALWAYS prefer to buy from a local dealer, It is now possible that my local dealer has lost my family's sales business going forward.

Long story to get to my point. The local dealer's service dept. confirmed that they would always service my new Corsair, and it didn't matter one bit where I bought it, as the service department is totally separate from the sales department. ANY time I call they are very welcoming and even told me to stop in that day when I had a weird glitch in the way the transmission shifted a few weeks ago. I did, they put in on a tester to see if any codes were stored, while I waited. (No codes, and it has shifted properly ever since.) I called them yesterday, (Friday) as I have to bring it back for the seat noise issue, and they said I could bring it next Tuesday.

I guess my response was to the fact that you were told this, rather than the (potential fact) that they were prioritizing their sales customers first.

My story ALMOST sounds like @Hans40 . Local dealer: $5,000 over MSRP, distant dealer MSRP. BUT my local dealer will service mine as first come first served. They will even rent me a car at no cost, as they don't have any loaners available.

Like you said, all dealers are independent businesses/franchises.

SORRY, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, "recall"

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
I’d sue.

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
@Hans40 I am probably mistaken, but I think Lincoln wants the recall completed quickly, and would want you to take it to the closet dealer, for quick resolution.

As mentioned, I would call the Lincoln concierge.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
You are right, of course, and I was too quick to condemn. I'm looking at it from someone who DID buy from a dealer 100 miles away, when there is a Lincoln dealer "in town", that I would have preferred to buy from.

My kids (with my assistance, heh) and I have bought MANY vehicles from the local dealer over many years. I even bought the '21 Corsair (just 7 months earlier) that was totaled, from them. I tried to buy it's replacement from them again in March '22, believe me. I tried very hard, but they seemed to be WAY out of line, and would not go below ~$5,000 over MSRP on a "left over" 21 Corsair that had been on their lot for over 90 days! They had a couple of base 22s that I didn't want. Same sales rep over all these years! I dunno, maybe they were having a bad day??? I suspect that they didn't really want to sell that car, as it sat there for another couple of months, until I stopped looking! LOL

So I went home, and was on the Lincoln website just configuring a Corsair, looking at inventory, and this dealer 100 miles away showed TWO '22s inbound exactly as I would want. I emailed them and they were selling AT MSRP, no add-ons necessary. I said SOLD! No surprises at delivery, and I was very happy, except I ALWAYS prefer to buy from a local dealer, It is now possible that my local dealer has lost my family's sales business going forward.

Long story to get to my point. The local dealer's service dept. confirmed that they would always service my new Corsair, and it didn't matter one bit where I bought it, as the service department is totally separate from the sales department. ANY time I call they are very welcoming and even told me to stop in that day when I had a weird glitch in the way the transmission shifted a few weeks ago. I did, they put in on a tester to see if any codes were stored, while I waited. (No codes, and it has shifted properly ever since.) I called them yesterday, (Friday) as I have to bring it back for the seat noise issue, and they said I could bring it next Tuesday.

I guess my response was to the fact that you were told this, rather than the (potential fact) that they were prioritizing their sales customers first.

My story ALMOST sounds like @Hans40 . Local dealer: $5,000 over MSRP, distant dealer MSRP. BUT my local dealer will service mine as first come first served. They will even rent me a car at no cost, as they don't have any loaners available.

Like you said, all dealers are independent businesses/franchises.

SORRY, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, "recall"

Hi JB. Just an amusing bit of information concerning your local Dealership renting you "...a car at no cost, as they don't have any loaners available".

Have they ever told you that they are reimbursed $45 for the rental car by Lincoln? So in reality, the rental is costing them nothing, since wherever/however they get their rentals, their cost is far lower than it would be for you or I walking in off the street to rent a car.

It is still nice they are arranging it for you, but I thought you might find the full disclosure a bit enlightening and amusing, if they had never fully informed you of that bit of information.

And for others not aware: If your Dealer has no loaners available when you have a service appointment, you can call Lincoln Concierge and obtain that same $45 rental reimbursement for a rental you arrange yourself, if your Dealer is not as nice as JB's.

Hope this information helps someone and good luck.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Hi JB. Just an amusing bit of information concerning your local Dealership renting you "...a car at no cost, as they don't have any loaners available".

Have they ever told you that they are reimbursed $45 for the rental car by Lincoln? So in reality, the rental is costing them nothing, since wherever/however they get their rentals, their cost is far lower than it would be for you or I walking in off the street to rent a car.

It is still nice they are arranging it for you, but I thought you might find the full disclosure a bit enlightening and amusing, if they had never fully informed you of that bit of information.

And for others not aware: If your Dealer has no loaners available when you have a service appointment, you can call Lincoln Concierge and obtain that same $45 rental reimbursement for a rental you arrange yourself, if your Dealer is not as nice as JB's.

Hope this information helps someone and good luck.
Thanks for passing that great tidbit about the rental option. Superb.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
I booked mine with my dealer who has always been great to work with for the past 30
+ years I have bought Ford/Lincoln cars. They could do it but had no loaners for another month. No problem as I did not want to be their first customer doing the recall. By the way, there is a class action lawsuit around the recall. The recall does not fix the problem but just adds air circulation. The lawsuit asks Ford to fix the issue with the engines and set up a fund to fix the issue. I imagine the engine needs to be replaced on cars affected with this defective engine part.

TxTom

Jun 13, 2022
My 2022 Corsair GT was built 2 August 2022. Since it took so long for the build from the order date, I thought maybe it was awaiting an engine fix. Once I received the car, I crawled underneath to look for the drilled holes, etc. The car came to the dealer the day before I picked it up (8/19) without a recall notice. The fix (drilled holes, etc.) had been performed at the factory in Louisville, KY.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Certainly is disappointing to not get A/Z plan at your closest dealer. Selling at $5000 over MSRP would make me stay clear of them all the way around.

Hans40

Apr 19, 2022
Certainly is disappointing to not get A/Z plan at your closest dealer. Selling at $5000 over MSRP would make me stay clear of them all the way around.
Pete do you live in Ontario CA or Canada, I'm in Rancho Cucamonga.

Pete@STAP

Jan 2, 2008
Ontario
My Lincoln
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Last edited:

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
I had the recall on my GT as well. I scheduled mine from my regular dealer but had to wait 2 weeks. I was told when I dropped it off it would be at least 2 weeks as they were very backed up in the service department. I have a feeling there is a backlog on the repair parts and that is the reason for the delay.

I have a loaner that is a Nautilus. The first loaner I was given was a brand new 2022 Nautilus but I had to return it as the previous person had smoked 20 cartons of cigarettes in it with the windows up and the moonroof closed. I have been in cars where people smoked but never smelled anything as intense as this. I was told by the dealership the previous driver is now on a do not rent list.

They gave me a 2019 Nautilus to drive and it is great. It reminds me a great deal of my 2019 Nautilus color and all. But I miss the GT and can't wait to get it back.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
I booked mine with my dealer who has always been great to work with for the past 30
+ years I have bought Ford/Lincoln cars. They could do it but had no loaners for another month. No problem as I did not want to be their first customer doing the recall. By the way, there is a class action lawsuit around the recall. The recall does not fix the problem but just adds air circulation. The lawsuit asks Ford to fix the issue with the engines and set up a fund to fix the issue. I imagine the engine needs to be replaced on cars affected with this defective engine part.
I need to correct my statement above. There is no class action lawsuit pending at this time. I've seen speculation that others may be looking into that, but not confirmed myself of any class action.