Lincoln Forums Navigation:
  • We've set up for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules - and all viewers will need to agree to the privacy policy and terms of use. Everyone is probably used to this by now - but I thought I'd let you know in advance... Close this box by clicking the X at the right...

Re: '91 Town Car Center Hub Caps

herromc

Thread starter #1
Re: '91 Town Car Center Hub Caps

Just wondering how the center hub caps are held in place. I have 4 of them in my trunk, but when I try to put them on they don't stay. They just fall off. Are there supposed to be clamps that hold them on, and if so, can I purchase them anywhere?

herromc

Thread starter #3
The wheels are the Geometric Spoke Aluminum. Something seems to be missing on the wheels, to hold the center ornaments in place. I'm assuming this.
Wish I could attach photos of the what I'm talking about.

All2kool

Portland, OR
Exactly. I'll send a pic later today of my cap & tire rim where it fits into.
These are two-piece center caps for the LACY SPOKE wheel. The larger outer section is friction fitted onto the wheel. If yours are loose or won't stay on, you will likely need replacements if you can't get a tighter fit at a different position on the wheel. The center section does come out and although I had taken them off to repaint the larger section, I can't for the life of remember how the smaller center piece attached but I seem to recall metal tabs being used.

herromc

Thread starter #8
I'll try putting them on again. Thanks for all your help. Oh, one other question, I noticed that the air suspension switch in the trunk is turned off, and all the fuses are pulled for it. I believe it's 2 fuses, or at least that's how many I found. Anyway, is there a way I can test the A.S. Compressor, or would I need to take it to a dealer to have it done? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new at this and don't know diddly.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML