rattling noise on 2004 aviator

pro-five-oh

Got my Trac-lok...

Thanks to Silverfox for getting me the Turbo Coupe Trac-lok for my Continental.

The part looks perfect, but upon closer inspection smells absolutely horrible. :rofl:

Thanks dude! :headbang:

NYC LS8

Got my Trac-lok...

Gear oil is right up there with vomit as most disgusting smell lol

Just puttin\' in the TL, or slappin\' gears in, too?

pro-five-oh

Got my Trac-lok...

I\'ll install them whenever the car is getting its resto-modification...right now its just a rotting POS in central Texas but I\'m getting the parts ready to make it a real 4door Luxo-rod.He got me the 3.45 gears (one of those strange ratios you\'ll see with a 7.5\" axle) and they are ideal for what I\'ll be doing with the Conti.

Oh yeah, they smell like ass too. :lol:

jsev22

Got my Trac-lok...

gear oil = :yuck: :barf:
Congrats on the score!

LSC_CHEF

Got my Trac-lok...

i\'d rather bathe in gear oil then get brake fluid on my finger.

DrDragon

Got my Trac-lok...

You be sure and wash your hands real good at work now fella.

jsev22

Got my Trac-lok...

[quote name=\'LSC_CHEF\']i\'d rather bathe in gear oil then get brake fluid on my finger.[/QUOTE]

You are a sick man, seek help now...

CaptainZilog

Got my Trac-lok...

Mix coolant and gasoline and you\'ll wish you ATE fuckin gear oil instead of smelling that.

pro-five-oh

Got my Trac-lok...

Yup, it still smells bad today...

Here\'s a \"fun\" fact, the 7.5\" trac-lok changed design in the 1980s...the one that was originally designed for my \'83 Conti had springs to mechanically lock the differential, the one that Silverfox got me (later model Tbird) uses clutch packs like most 8.8s.

When I realized the difference, I realized that this ABSOLUTELY USELESS piece of information has overwritten something else I probably will regret forgetting. :)

JoshMcMadMac

Got my Trac-lok...

Try mixing brake-fluid and bleach. Apparently it makes quite a cool smoke show.

SilverFox

Got my Trac-lok...

yeah...pics (post them for you) And as the topic before - I am pretty sure (not positive) that the 8.8 and 7.5 share the same Tlock. Thier is also the 3/4 inch heavy duty pin Tlock in some trucks - hard to find. So you got the Tlock you need, and the gears are a super bonus!

Had that shit in the trunk of my car for 24 hours, and now my subs are pumping fresh cat pee smell into my cabin...nice :(

pro-five-oh

Got my Trac-lok...

[quote name=\'SilverFox\']yeah...pics (post them for you) And as the topic before - I am pretty sure (not positive) that the 8.8 and 7.5 share the same Tlock. Thier is also the 3/4 inch heavy duty pin Tlock in some trucks - hard to find. So you got the Tlock you need, and the gears are a super bonus!

Had that shit in the trunk of my car for 24 hours, and now my subs are pumping fresh cat pee smell into my cabin...nice :(
[/QUOTE]

I was gonna look into that...maybe call a big time driveline shop or something. The part looks great but might not be a bad idea to put new clutches in it since its already apart.

Thanks again, dude! :)