Radio issues

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

autoguy

I have very poor AM radio reception. There is too much vehicle interference causing the problem. The dealership replaced the signal amplifier module which helped mildly. I have had the vehicle in multiple times but the dealership said Lincoln is aware of the issue but has no fix. The loaner Lincoln vehicles (Corsair and Nautilus) do not have this problem. Since purchasing the vehicle I have been back for warranty 11 times for separate issues. This is upsetting to say the least on such a beautiful vehicle.

Alligator

I'll chime in as well on my new Aviator GT 2020. The Sirius/XM coverage is the poorest in five Fords. How can that be?

Exit32

I am disappointed to hear about the Aviator's poor AM radio performance. (I ordered a 2022 Aviator Reserve to replace my 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum.) The AM radio in my Explorer Platinum produces rhythmic, pulsating static when listening weaker AM radio broadcasts. Sometimes, I like to listen to oldies music on a small, local AM radio station, and the rhythmic, pulsating static ruins the experience.

autoguy

I am disappointed to hear about the Aviator's poor AM radio performance. (I ordered a 2022 Aviator Reserve to replace my 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum.) The AM radio in my Explorer Platinum produces rhythmic, pulsating static when listening weaker AM radio broadcasts. Sometimes, I like to listen to oldies music on a small, local AM radio station, and the rhythmic, pulsating static ruins the experience.
It is from interference from the vehicle. I believe the AM antenna needs to be shielded from the vehicle. The interference starts at 5 km/hr and stops at 20 km/hr. Very predictable! The antenna is in each rear quarter glass. So far Lincoln says there is no fix. Very disappointing on such an expensive vehicle.

autoguy

On my 2020 Aviator I have a variance between the digital speed and the analog speed. Tech support says a variance of up to 7% is acceptable. How can this be in our digital age? Lincoln's attention to detail is falling short of my expectations of this luxury vehicle.

masterdrago

I'll chime in as well on my new Aviator GT 2020. The Sirius/XM coverage is the poorest in five Fords. How can that be?
Our 2021 Aviator has the best Sirius/XM coverage of any others we have had: 2003 Ford F150, 2009 Ford F250 and the 2017 Ram 3500 dually. No drop out where the Ram had in the same places. I cannot speak to the AM coverage as I've not tried it yet but FM appears good.

BarryW

I have very poor AM radio reception. There is too much vehicle interference causing the problem. The dealership replaced the signal amplifier module which helped mildly. I have had the vehicle in multiple times but the dealership said Lincoln is aware of the issue but has no fix. The loaner Lincoln vehicles (Corsair and Nautilus) do not have this problem. Since purchasing the vehicle I have been back for warranty 11 times for separate issues. This is upsetting to say the least on such a beautiful vehicle.
Thanks very much. Let’s keep each other posted.

BarryW

Our 2021 Aviator has the best Sirius/XM coverage of any others we have had: 2003 Ford F150, 2009 Ford F250 and the 2017 Ram 3500 dually. No drop out where the Ram had in the same places. I cannot speak to the AM coverage as I've not tried it yet but FM appears good.
Our Sirus radio works well also.

Dee Way

My 2021 Lincoln Aviator has very poor AM and FM radio reception as well! Not only that my cell phone drops calls all of the time! Had the vehicle for 2 weeks and haven’t had time to take it in yet to see what story I’m told.

terberta

It is from interference from the vehicle. I believe the AM antenna needs to be shielded from the vehicle. The interference starts at 5 km/hr and stops at 20 km/hr. Very predictable! The antenna is in each rear quarter glass. So far Lincoln says there is no fix. Very disappointing on such an expensive vehm

downeast15

I just bought a 2021 Navigator and the FM reception is not good. I get poor or no reception in locations where my previous car (2016 GMC Acadia) had clear reception. The HD on the FM band randomly kicks in once in a while for a few seconds and then drops. I live about 20 miles from a large city so I should be getting clear consistent FM signals. Very frustrated.

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I usually don't listen to the radio. But I will today just to see if I too have an issue. You don't by chance have tinted windows (outside of the factory tinted rear windows)? Sometimes that can interfere with reception if certain tint is used.