Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Radio antenna questions

Seth Matthews

Ohio
Thread starter #1
4118aiHATML.jpg
So, I ordered this FM modulator for my car, it has the female to male inline set up. but I just went to install it and these are the type of wires in the factory radio, and no typical male to female antenna wire set up. Below is what I have, can anyone tell me if there's an adapter to make this all work, or am I just going to have to send my FM modulator back?

lg71-5600.gif

wa9zug

Seth buddy, The front "radio" is actually called a HEAD UNIT. This HU is a display for the Rear Control Unit in the trunk. The RCU does all the tuning, volume, bass, etc. There should be an antenna jack there. BTW the jack there may be different then what you have. But, in that case there is an adapter. BTW, I installed one of those modulators in my 95.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The radio antenna cable comes from the back window and stops under the dash on the 2007 model since there is little space behind the radio for that large antenna cable. I will check what the setup for a 1995 model is.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The 1995 model audio setup is quite different to the 2007 model that I had. As wa9zug said the 1995 setup for the audio has a rear control unit (also called a remote control unit in Lincoln description) and a front control unit. Those control units are connected by a number of wires. The antenna is mounted in the rear windshield and connects to the Antenna isolation module (AIM) and then to the rear control unit (RCU) located in the trunk on right side mounted to rear seat strainer (whatever that is). It appears close to the parcel shelf and perhaps the arm for the trunk lid. I have attached documents that may help you understand how the system works.

If you need to remove the rear parcel shelf for access to AIM or the speakers then I have those procedures.

I would think that you bought that FM modulator for some purpose that may be constrained by its mounting in the trunk? Perhaps wa9zug may be able to help with a different solution for what you want to do?

Good luck

Attachments

Seth Matthews

Ohio
Thread starter #5
it seems like it would be easier to just replace the factory head unit with an aftermarket, but how would the window antenna mount to the aftermarket head unit, do I just get an adapter and run an extension to the dash? not sure how that works with this type of sound system

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML