• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radiator question 2003 Towncar

mkfrd

I must have a leak somewhere, although I don't see where. I'm assuming radiator. Limited info I've found say you need to remove the AC condenser with the radiator. Older models for sure, but not sure about mine. 2003 Town Car 4.6 liter.
Anyone know?

mkfrd

After pressure testing, looks like my intake manifold is leaking. I was hoping my model year was not affected. Can't believe they are made of plastic. There another $1300 bill. YouTube videos show its not that bad of a job, but I don't have the place, or the time to deal with it.

mkfrd

Took about 6 hours, 12 or so beers and watching a video...oh and @$150 for the intake. if someone is charging you $1300 for this, find someone else.
I checked with 2 other garages and was given similar quotes. I bite the bullet and get a lifetime warranty, parts and labor.

wolf_walker

It's easy to forget how expensive car repair is to those that aren't comfy or equipped to do big-ish stuff like an intake or head gasket or what have you.
This is what keeps a lot of folks that otherwise know better buying new cars, the fear of the out-of-the-blue thousand dollar repair and a week
without a car. It's also damn expensive to run a shop on the up and up these days, though $1300 does seem excessive unless it's in an overly monied area geographically.

HTML