Question on entry codes

rnln

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired a 2003 navigator. Although the car is n good condition but there are some things need to be done and I don't know how. Hope anyone knows the answer can help. The first thing I want to ask is if anyone know how to get the factory code for it? And how to change to new code. I looked in the trunk, and in the passenger foot well, behind the fuses box... can't see any code any where.
Thank in advance.

Ballyhoo

If you have the owner's manual it's listed in there. If not look behind the left rear panel of the cargo compartment, there should be label. Once you've located the factory code, enter it on the key pad. Within five seconds of entering the code, press the first two digits, the 1-2 keys. When you hear the signal enter your new code, whatever that may be. Yes, it's that simple. As are most things about a Lincoln!

rnln

Thanks Ballyhoo,
I have the manual, there is no code there. Yes, there is an instruction.
On the "left cargo compartment", do you mean the big box behind the seat belt on this pic (borrow from internet search) where there is a speaker there? Do I have to remove the whole box and look behind it? Is there a paper label or small imprint on the plastic I have to search for it?
Thanks.

bbf2530

Hi rnln. Just as an FYI: New vehicle buyers are given a card with the keyless entry code printed on it. The code is not printed in/on the Owners Manual, unless an owner physically writes it in the manual himself/herself, or puts the card in the manual.

Good luck.

rnln

I looked over and over both the manual in that section, there is no code. Also, inside of the panel (the biggo box) multiple times, there is no code nor any label. Is there any other way to find it?
Thanks again.

bbf2530

I looked over and over both the manual in that section, there is no code. Also, inside of the panel (the biggo box) multiple times, there is no code nor any label. Is there any other way to find it?
Thanks again.

Hi rnln. Yes, the code will only be in the Owners Manual if a previous owner wrote it somewhere in the manual or put the code card in there.

If you can not find the code on any of the usual places others have mentioned here, then a Lincoln or Ford Dealer can retrieve the code for you, as jkeaton mentioned.
Although many Dealers will try to charge you a full hour or more labor, they can retrieve the code in less than 15 minutes. So a fair amount would be ~30 minutes labor.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

rnln

thanks everyone. I will update if I can find it in anyway.
Thanks again.

Ballyhoo

Hi rnln. Just as an FYI: New vehicle buyers are given a card with the keyless entry code printed on it. The code is not printed in/on the Owners Manual, unless an owner physically writes it in the manual himself/herself, or puts the card in the manual.

Good luck.
Should have specified that it is in the leather case holding the owners manuals, a business card attached inside the back cover. Or so it is on mine.

rnln

Looked everywhere, any corner of that leather case and found a a beautiful plastic card which look better than a credit card. Too bad, it was just an advertise for something like a road side assistance :D. I quit and change direction to another issue. What I know now is that my battery drain in couple days, and also braking is a little weird, but I should create another topic.
thanks everyone again.