putting 2003 17 inch tc wheels on my 2002 tc lincoln can i make it work

Houston
I am pretty sure you will need spacers. The changes in suspension (wider) for 03'+ cars means their rims have a deeper back spacing than the earlier models to get the same track width.

I am not sure how much but, you could measure the back spacing of both rims and you will need the difference.

Note: Some people smarter than me argue that using spacers are dangerous because the rim is no longer centered on the hub and only centered by the lug nut & stud combination. Other people reply that spacers have been used for years with no ill effects.

jjm

I am pretty sure you will need spacers. The changes in suspension (wider) for 03'+ cars means their rims have a deeper back spacing than the earlier models to get the same track width.

I am not sure how much but, you could measure the back spacing of both rims and you will need the difference.

Note: Some people smarter than me argue that using spacers are dangerous because the rim is no longer centered on the hub and only centered by the lug nut & stud combination. Other people reply that spacers have been used for years with no ill effects.

jjm

thanks for the reply i called the person i bought the car from who has been a fan of town cars for years and told me not to use them they mess-up everything about the car thanks again jjm

HTML