• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Power when car off?

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Which outlets do not supply power when car is turned off?

I have a 12 volt outlet below dash

I have a 12 volt outlet inside center console and 2 USB ports.

I have a 110 volt outlet and a 12 volt outlet in 2nd row center console.

I have a 12 volt outlet in 3rd row near buttons for seats and liftgate.

Do they all stop supplying power when car is off? Even after the 10 min battery saver or 30 min accessory mode battery saver.

edwardt6

Do they all stop supplying power when car is off? Even after the 10 min battery saver or 30 min accessory mode battery saver.
The one in the dash stays hot

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO

I have my dashcam connected to the one below the dash. I have not had a chance to look into reroute but that outlet is always on. Never goes off. I have had the dash cam stay on overnight for a test as well. I have just come to terms to unplug the dash came everytime I park it for more than a couple of hours.. It either ways records emergency movements without being plugged on.

I dont know about the one inside the center console. I have to figure out if that shuts off so I can try to reroute my dashcam wiring to the one in center console. I do however not mind at all when I have to disconnect and reconnect the dash cam everytime.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I had my dash cam and Echo Auto hardwired for this reason. I didnt want both ON 24/7. Now they turn off when engine is off. And no wires are visible anywhere near the dash.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I would have loved to do that but the dashcam I bought was a basic starter one and did not want to hardwire it initially. Now for somereason the dashcam has far exceeded my expectation and worked great for a year. I will look into a intermediate switch which I can use to cut power.

Did you get a chance to confirm if the outlet in the center console (12V cigg lighter port) stays on after car is shut off?

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Also, if I decide to upgrade my dash cam, I just need to make sure it uses Micro USB C connection. The one most Samsung phones use. Not sure if it's called Micro USB C or something else.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Also, if I decide to upgrade my dash cam, I just need to make sure it uses Micro USB C connection. The one most Samsung phones use. Not sure if it's called Micro USB C or something else.
The new ones are called USB C. Many new cars comes with those outlets inbuilt.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
My existing dash cam uses that. And it's 1080p with 400 GB micro sd card so I doubt I'll need a new one any time soon. But if so, I just need to find a dash cam that uses USB C. So my existing hard wiring will stay intact.

HTML