Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Power issue

Good Afternoon,
While using a tire inflator to inflate one of my tires on my 2005 Lincoln Aviator the unit suddenly stopped. I checked the fuse and the fuse is still good. Checked the unit in another cigarette lighter and it works fine. Any ideas what it may be?
Thanks

Good Afternoon,
While using a tire inflator to inflate one of my tires on my 2005 Lincoln Aviator the unit suddenly stopped. I checked the fuse and the fuse is still good. Checked the unit in another cigarette lighter and it works fine. Any ideas what it may be?
Thanks
QUESTION: How did you check the fuse? I use a volt meter as the blown part could be out of sight. If the pump worked in another outlet, I would think the fuse is the issue--try a new fuse and advise.

Slick Fan

Utah
QUESTION: How did you check the fuse? I use a volt meter as the blown part could be out of sight. If the pump worked in another outlet, I would think the fuse is the issue--try a new fuse and advise.
True, sometimes a fuse can blow in a spot other than the "U" shaped area, leaving the fuse appearing still good.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML