Possibly buying a 2008 Navigator

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Two Sheds Jackson

Jun 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2008 Navigator
Hello all, I am looking at buying a 2008 Navigator. It is the standard wheelbase model. It is in mint condition and only has 114k and appears to be well maintained. The asking price is $7,500. I am comfortable with the price, I am not asking about that. But I do have questions about the navigation system that I could not find definitive answers to with a Google search. First of all does it have Bluetooth and can I pair my phone to it? Second, does it support satellite radio? Third, when I was looking for answers about Bluetooth and satellite I kept seeing a black box that was around $250. It was something to do with Bluetooth and phone pairing and other things. What does that box actually do, and would it give the system further capabilities? Finally, if I decide to get a later model radio/nav to get more features is that possible? I read a little about the sync system but I don't know much about it or if it is backwards compatible. The navigation is important to me because I travel a lot for my job.

A quick iquestion about the engine. Is it the same engine that they put in later model Town Cars? The ones that are capable of going 500,000 miles or more, the ones in limos etc.

Thank you all !

Two Sheds Jackson

Jun 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2008 Navigator
Hello all, I am looking at buying a 2008 Navigator. It is the standard wheelbase model. It is in mint condition and only has 114k and appears to be well maintained. The asking price is $7,500. I am comfortable with the price, I am not asking about that. But I do have questions about the navigation system that I could not find definitive answers to with a Google search. First of all does it have Bluetooth and can I pair my phone to it? Second, does it support satellite radio? Third, when I was looking for answers about Bluetooth and satellite I kept seeing a black box that was around $250. It was something to do with Bluetooth and phone pairing and other things. What does that box actually do, and would it give the system further capabilities? Finally, if I decide to get a later model radio/nav to get more features is that possible? I read a little about the sync system but I don't know much about it or if it is backwards compatible. The navigation is important to me because I travel a lot for my job.

A quick iquestion about the engine. Is it the same engine that they put in later model Town Cars? The ones that are capable of going 500,000 miles or more, the ones in limos etc

Thank you all !
Oh yeah, does the navigation feature points of interest like gas stations, restaurants, hotels etc? I know they make update discs for it. Does that apply to a 2008? Thanks again!

dlcorbett

Mar 22, 2017

A quick iquestion about the engine. Is it the same engine that they put in later model Town Cars? The ones that are capable of going 500,000 miles or more, the ones in limos etc.

Thank you all !

Nice. I actually went to an 09 for the questions your asking. 07/08 models need an adaptor for bt calling capabilities, not to include audio streaming if I remember correctly. It does already have sat radio module however. 09+ models have sync which includes bt connectivity, calling, audio streaming.

Two Sheds Jackson

Jun 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2008 Navigator
Nice. I actually went to an 09 for the questions your asking. 07/08 models need an adaptor for bt calling capabilities, not to include audio streaming if I remember correctly. It does already have sat radio module however. 09+ models have sync which includes bt connectivity, calling, audio streaming.
Thank you. Do you know if I can buy a later year's radio with the sync function?

Two Sheds Jackson

Jun 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2008 Navigator

I just checked. That box does enable audio streaming and hands free calling. Works for me.

Indy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 11, 2021
Oklahoma
I would say no on the 500,000 miles, it has what is called the Ford Triton 5.4L, 3 valve. I would say more like 200,000 miles with good maintenance.

Has it had any major engine internal maintenance ?

This is the go to guy for Ford products.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I would say no on the 500,000 miles, it has what is called the Ford Triton 5.4L, 3 valve. I would say more like 200,000 miles with good maintenance.

Has it had any major engine internal maintenance ?

This is the go to guy for Ford products.

That guy changed out the spark plugs on my '08 Expy before I sold it 2 years ago. Weird dude. But he knows a lot.

Two Sheds Jackson

Jun 11, 2022
My Lincoln
2008 Navigator
The deal for the Navigator is off. Looking for a newer one.