Please help... headlights, tail lights and dash lights randomly flashing on and off even when car is off

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Dr.J

I have a 2014 Lincoln MKS and very recently I had my headlights, tail lights and dash lights randomly flashing on and off even when the car is off and has been for hours. The only way to stop them is to unhook the battery. I found that my ground connected to my battery was completely corroded and so replaced the ground terminal on battery and it resolved the issue for about a week but now it's back and I am out of ideas on what to do. Please help

Dr.J

Check and tighten all battery connections, grounds, etc.
I replaced the negative terminal on the battery recently because it was extremely corroded. But I will continue to check the connections today. Thank you for the advice

Dr.J

I had found a bad ground and battery needed replaced too. So far so good. I'll update if the problem comes back but I am pretty confident that it resolved the issue

the.maiden

Great news!! Those battery connections/components can really wreak havok on these cars. Mine came back from shop....they didn't tighten neg. cable. This ended up blowing one of my sunroof motors, and fcim still isn't right. Thankfully, that is only acting up when hot/humid out. I suspect next summer I will have to send it off for a rebuild. The sunroof was a big hassle as it tilted itself before dying, had a big rain that night and didn't discover the issue until the morning. It would not close, and would not initialize once I got the new motor in.