PLEASE HELP! 2017 MKX High Mount Lamp

Nevelonly

Hi everyone! This is my first post. Appreciate it if someone can help.

Does anyone have the experience or know how to replace the high mount lamp (FA1Z-13A613-AB)? Does the interior panel and spoiler have to come off to access the lamp screws or bolts?
Bought the car used out of warranty, and I saw the moisture built up inside the lamp.

Jim5506

My 2016 appears to snap out. They are led's and the Ford replacement part is $200.00 Welcome to Lincoln Land.

I did a google search for Lincoln parts, put in your part number, was directed to

high mounted rear lamp​

Part #: 13A613 , no screws appear to be associated with it, so it snaps in and out.

Sri

This just happened to me too. 2016 reserve model.
Dealer said they have to remove the spoiler to fix the lamp. 200 plus 300 for labor. Trying to decide if it's worth the trouble or let dealer fix it.

Attachments

• 20201213_170825_HDR.jpg
    20201213_170825_HDR.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 19

enigma-2

Just a note that the lamp is part of a FMVSS standard and is a DOT legal requirement in all states. You could get pulled over and cited same as for any stop lamp.

Sri

Yes, thanks.
I had it replaced at the dealer as soon as I could.
We were on vacation when it happened.
Staying safe!

Nevelonly

This just happened to me too. 2016 reserve model.
Dealer said they have to remove the spoiler to fix the lamp. 200 plus 300 for labor. Trying to decide if it's worth the trouble or let dealer fix it.
I ended up having that fixed at a Ford Collision center. My advice is DO NOT go to the service dept because they charge a lot more for the labor than walking straight into the collision center asking for a quote.