• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Phone as a key

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Wave

Jul 27, 2021
Kiev
Did anyone ride their aviator outside the United States?
My modem works in roaming without problems. But there are no additional functions.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
Did anyone ride their aviator outside the United States?
My modem works in roaming without problems. But there are no additional functions.
For your info, I'm in Canada but don't have PAAK (Phone As A Key) but if it runs on the AT&T network as mentioned, it will work here.

Peter

Wave

Jul 27, 2021
Kiev
Thank you.
Another question: what is the right way to share access to FordPass with my wife? I wish she could start the car from her smartphone too. What is needed for this?
Do I have to log in with my account on her smartphone? Or can you add one machine to two accounts?

Nmetuk

Nov 4, 2021
Canada user here as well. PAAK works well. At&t activated and never used and seems it will expire in 3 month or 3GB whichever comes first. Let's see afterwards

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Thank you.
Another question: what is the right way to share access to FordPass with my wife? I wish she could start the car from her smartphone too. What is needed for this?
Do I have to log in with my account on her smartphone? Or can you add one machine to two accounts?

Hi Wave. Yes...You would need to connect your wife's phone to the vehicle and Lincoln account. And also overcome the issues you seem to be having, due to your location.

However, keep in mind that PAAK is not the same as the LincolnWay app, which allows you to start/lock/unlock/schedule vehicle starts etc. from a long distance. PAAK simply works the same as your keyfob, so you need to be relatively close to the vehicle in order to use it.

PAAK works via Bluetooth, not the modem, so the range is limited. Think of PAAK as simply a replacement for your keyfobs.

Good luck.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Canada user here as well. PAAK works well. At&t activated and never used and seems it will expire in 3 month or 3GB whichever comes first. Let's see afterwards
You are confusing the 3GB Hotspot service with the Lincoln connect service. The Lincoln connect service does not have a limit; the Hotspot service does and is an optional extra for the Lincoln connect service.

Wave

Jul 27, 2021
Kiev
Yes...You would need to connect your wife's phone to the vehicle and Lincoln account.
my wife has her own lincoln and she has her own lincoln account.
everything is complicated =)
Should I leave two cars on the same Lincoln account?
Or can I link both cars to our accounts? Thus, I will have two cars in two different accounts.