• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Phone as a key

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Same with mine, points took about 3 weeks. With Covid restrictions and supply/worker issues, things are delayed. Gotta learn to be patient, it will all work out.
True. I took delivery of my Nav on February 28, 2020. It still took some time to get the points, so as alluded to above, that may just be normal.

As an aside, I got an iPhone 13 Pro Max today. Set up PAAK and so far it is working well.

Last edited:

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
True. I took delivery of my Nav on February 28, 2020. It still took some time to get the points, so as alluded to above, that may just be normal.

As an aside, I got an iPhone 13 Pro Max today. Set up PAAK and so far it is working well.
A huge iPhone to go with your huge Nav! I like it! My wife got a 13 and she's liking it so far. The camera is outstanding, give it a try!

Vicrey

Jul 11, 2021

One week in from delivery, I thought mine was taking long so I explored the Lincoln Owners website and found a page to report missing points. It showed up after 24 hours.

How was your PAAK setup experience on the new phone? I had a tough time getting it to work when I upgraded my phone (it works as expected now). Did you do a Quick Setup on your iPhones where data was transferred directly iPhone-to-iPhone? That’s what I did and the LW app transferred but the vehicle still recognized the old iPhone as the PAAK even when the key shows on the new iPhone. Security-wise, it does make sense. So I deleted the PAAK from the new iPhone and proceeded with setting it up. It took a week of attempts and calls with Concierge. They said my deletion was in limbo or got stuck in the deletion process that’s why I couldn’t add a new PAAK.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
One week in from delivery, I thought mine was taking long so I explored the Lincoln Owners website and found a page to report missing points. It showed up after 24 hours.

How was your PAAK setup experience on the new phone? I had a tough time getting it to work when I upgraded my phone (it works as expected now). Did you do a Quick Setup on your iPhones where data was transferred directly iPhone-to-iPhone? That’s what I did and the LW app transferred but the vehicle still recognized the old iPhone as the PAAK even when the key shows on the new iPhone. Security-wise, it does make sense. So I deleted the PAAK from the new iPhone and proceeded with setting it up. It took a week of attempts and calls with Concierge. They said my deletion was in limbo or got stuck in the deletion process that’s why I couldn’t add a new PAAK.
Cool, I didn't know about the missing points page. Maybe that is new. Nice.

I did do the phone to phone transfer. Yes, everything went to the new phone. The setup for PAAK was easy. I just had to give my new phone a new name on the app. Now, both phones are listed as devices. Will delete the old one eventually.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
A huge iPhone to go with your huge Nav! I like it! My wife got a 13 and she's liking it so far. The camera is outstanding, give it a try!
Yeah, it feel robust for sure. We are headed to the Apple Store at 10:30 to pickup new computers. I am looking forward to delving in to the camera on the new phone.

I did get a very brief No Key Detected driving my daughter to school. The bluetooth on the app was disconnected. Guessing that is more of a vehicle thing than the phone. Not sure.

Does anyone know if being a newer phone that the hardware and firmware is designed to work better with technology such as PAAK? My old phone is a X and was purchased in April 2019. I think that is just when Lincoln was introducing the PAAK. So, I'm wondering if software updates to the old phone vs more compatible hardware etc on teh new phone make a difference on performance.

Vicrey

Jul 11, 2021
Yeah, it feel robust for sure. We are headed to the Apple Store at 10:30 to pickup new computers. I am looking forward to delving in to the camera on the new phone.

I did get a very brief No Key Detected driving my daughter to school. The bluetooth on the app was disconnected. Guessing that is more of a vehicle thing than the phone. Not sure.

Does anyone know if being a newer phone that the hardware and firmware is designed to work better with technology such as PAAK? My old phone is a X and was purchased in April 2019. I think that is just when Lincoln was introducing the PAAK. So, I'm wondering if software updates to the old phone vs more compatible hardware etc on teh new phone make a difference on performance.
In relation to Lincoln's PAAK tech, a newer phone with newer BT tech doesn't make a difference in that the BT tech the current PAAK system uses hasn't changed. Good thing newer phones are backwards compatible. Depending on the device your newer phone interacts with using BT, if they share the same capabilities, they do work better–connection stability, power consumption, added features, etc. Software updates, oftentimes, only take advancement so far; they do extend hardware limitations to some extent. I hope Apple's "Car Keys in Wallet" becomes adopted by Lincoln soon as it doesn't rely on BT (which is slow to connect) and uses NFC (Near Field Comm) instead.

afh3

Nov 29, 2019
Minnesota
In relation to Lincoln's PAAK tech, a newer phone with newer BT tech doesn't make a difference in that the BT tech the current PAAK system uses hasn't changed. Good thing newer phones are backwards compatible. Depending on the device your newer phone interacts with using BT, if they share the same capabilities, they do work better–connection stability, power consumption, added features, etc. Software updates, oftentimes, only take advancement so far; they do extend hardware limitations to some extent. I hope Apple's "Car Keys in Wallet" becomes adopted by Lincoln soon as it doesn't rely on BT (which is slow to connect) and uses NFC (Near Field Comm) instead.
I believe the preferred technology will be the implementation of ultra-wideband (UWB).

It has superior range over NFC and provides spatial context (it knows how far away you are), is resistant to interference and makes interception difficult.

BMW is purported to be implementing this on their new EV, and chip-makers have integratable solutions for mobile phones already available.

Vicrey

Jul 11, 2021
I believe the preferred technology will be the implementation of ultra-wideband (UWB).

It has superior range over NFC and provides spatial context (it knows how far away you are), is resistant to interference and makes interception difficult.

BMW is purported to be implementing this on their new EV, and chip-makers have integratable solutions for mobile phones already available.
I agree. I forget that Apple utilizes this in their U1 chip. I didn't know how to differentiate it from NFC for purposes of description.

tvanhall

Nov 21, 2021
Anyone else having problems setting up the backup code for PAAK? My android phone works fine for a key but system keeps telling me set up is not complete (no backup code). Every time I try to complete it the system says it cannot complete the process. I do have the phone and fob in hand when trying (as directed) but it says it cannot locate one of them (and each works independently).

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Anyone else having problems setting up the backup code for PAAK? My android phone works fine for a key but system keeps telling me set up is not complete (no backup code). Every time I try to complete it the system says it cannot complete the process. I do have the phone and fob in hand when trying (as directed) but it says it cannot locate one of them (and each works independently).
No, but if you call the Lincoln Way app support through the Help tab, they will help solve it.

Wave

Jul 27, 2021
Kiev
1639935311861.png
Good afternoon. My application page looks like this.
I do not see any additional buttons and I do not see an option to activate the phone as a key.
I re-read the topic and realized that other people had the same problem.
Have you written about some "points"? Where and how can I get them?

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
View attachment 12012
Good afternoon. My application page looks like this.
I do not see any additional buttons and I do not see an option to activate the phone as a key.
I re-read the topic and realized that other people had the same problem.
Have you written about some "points"? Where and how can I get them?
When did you get your car? The Dealer should have activated the Modem, and some time after that you should see a not on the splash page of the app that says "Set up Phone As Key".

As for points, you might be referring to the Lincoln Access Reward points. Tap the Account button (the one on your app with 13 notifications!) and Rewards will show up there. Again, if you got your car like yesterday, it may take some time before all this shows up -- up to a week or so.

Wave

Jul 27, 2021
Kiev
When did you get your car? The Dealer should have activated the Modem, and some time after that you should see a not on the splash page of the app that says "Set up Phone As Key".

As for points, you might be referring to the Lincoln Access Reward points. Tap the Account button (the one on your app with 13 notifications!) and Rewards will show up there. Again, if you got your car like yesterday, it may take some time before all this shows up -- up to a week or so.
Hi. I bought used car. I didnt have contact with dealer.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Hi. I bought used car. I didnt have contact with dealer.
I see you are in Kiev, but there is a Help tab in the app that can connect you with Lincoln Way app support. They are going to be able to help you more than we can. There is also a Chat function if you can't call them.

And, I don't think you will receive points for buying a used vehicle not through a dealer.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
I see you are in Kiev, but there is a Help tab in the app that can connect you with Lincoln Way app support. They are going to be able to help you more than we can. There is also a Chat function if you can't call them.

And, I don't think you will receive points for buying a used vehicle not through a dealer.
Right, and I think it may also be the case that Phone as Key only works in the United States.