Performance Upgrades for 2016+ Conti

CAGIV

Hello,

I'd like to purchase the last body style of the lincoln with a 3.7L twin turbo engine and add about 100-150 hp. How stupid of an idea of this and practically speaking is it possible?

I read a thread regarding tuning and suspect I can probably find someone to do that, I cannot seem to find many performance parts specific to the car. I assume with added horse power I would need to upgrade braking, suspension?, exhaust, etc.

Am I nuts?

MarkX

Am I nuts?
We all are.

The tuners’ choice seems to be the 3.0L as you start with a stock 400 hp engine with a lot of headroom for more. A simple remapping download on the stock chip is supposed to give you an easy 65hp boost. Goodness knows what a more aggressive approach might do.

Good luck!

OmegaLincoln

Hello,

I'd like to purchase the last body style of the lincoln with a 3.7L twin turbo engine and add about 100-150 hp. How stupid of an idea of this and practically speaking is it possible?

I read a thread regarding tuning and suspect I can probably find someone to do that, I cannot seem to find many performance parts specific to the car. I assume with added horse power I would need to upgrade braking, suspension?, exhaust, etc.

Am I nuts?
Nobody in my area sells gas above 91. Which I understand is needed for the tune. Looks like you can mix the gas yourself but that's a bummer. I wouldn't think brakes would be needed for an extra 50hp. It would be a good excuse to go Brembo though.

I'm talking out of the other side, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of DIY for these luxury rides in general. There was plenty to do to my F50. I haven't found much to do with Lincolns that I like.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
A tune will probably yield around a 50 HP gain. That makes for a very nice running daily driver without worrying about reliability. I wouldn't trust the 6F55 transmission with more than that if one were doing a lot of WOT launches.

TerryInLeesburg

I have the unboosted 3.7L 2017 model.
I have been looking for performance upgrades too, with no luck.
The only thing I found was a chip that is supposed to remove the lag from when you hit the gas pedal.
Would love to find some perf upgrades!
Terry

mallen100

Hello,

Am I nuts?
The 3.7 is not twin turbo, it is not an ecoboost motor, the 3.0 ecoboost is the most powerful engine you can get in this car.