• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

PATS System going off randomly

Blueox

The alarm system is going off on its own at night. Last night it happened five times. Tired of getting up and turning it off at the fob. But I have a thought on what might be happening.

Every so often when when I lock the car with the fob, I get a double bark from the horn rather than a single one. If I remember correctly this is an indication that a door is ajar. When I check the doors they are all secure. So I don't worry about it. I am wondering if one of the door ajar sensors is going bad? Could it be sending a signal to the PATS that an intruder is trying to access the car? Again, it only happens when the car is locked.

Going to test this tonight by leaving it unlocked.

bbf2530

The alarm system is going off on its own at night. Last night it happened five times. Tired of getting up and turning it off at the fob. But I have a thought on what might be happening.

Every so often when when I lock the car with the fob, I get a double bark from the horn rather than a single one. If I remember correctly this is an indication that a door is ajar. When I check the doors they are all secure. So I don't worry about it. I am wondering if one of the door ajar sensors is going bad? Could it be sending a signal to the PATS that an intruder is trying to access the car? Again, it only happens when the car is locked.

Going to test this tonight by leaving it unlocked.
Hi Blueox. In addition to verifying your vehicle information, just a heads up: The Perimeter Alarm System also monitors the hood and trunk/hatch. So check those sensors too.

Also, if you are not the original owner: Is this the factory alarm system, or is there a chance it is an aftermarket system?

Get back to us with more information, and good luck.

Last edited:

Blueox

It is a 2005 Signature Limited. I talked with my friend who is the service manager at a ford dealership and he concurs it is likely one of the sensors. Seeing that it happened 5 times last night he said a scan would indicate which sensor.

Blueox

Just talked with local dealer. They can read the system and decide what area. They can also turn off the PATS which is what I will do.

HTML