Passenger seat memory?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

NautiOne

Arkansas
I have a 2020 Nautilus with the 22-way adjustable front row seats. I would like to be able to set and recall adjustments on the passenger seat (for example, when my wife and I trade off driving duties). Of course, the driver seat is not an issue as you only need to press 1 of the 3 memory buttons. Am I missing something or shouldn't there be at least 2 memory buttons for the passenger seat?

Lincoln missed a sensible (and relatively inexpensive) feature considering the $1,500 price tag for this option. There are 11 adjustments that can be made to the driver AND passenger seats, but the system only remembers the driver's side? Come on man. 😕

Last edited:

Roone

Georgia
I have the same question, only I have a 2022 Aviator Reserve with the Multi Contour seats. There is no way to save the passenger seat settings. My 2016 Ford Explorer Limited with massaging seats had 3 position passenger seat memory for $30K less!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
When you purchased the vehicle, did you ask about this feature since it is very important to you? The sales person should have been able to read the Order Guide and see this feature is not available.

bbf2530

Hi gang. No there is no passenger seat memory function in the Aviator.

And not to be contrarian or argumentative, but the 2016 Explorer did not have memory function on the passenger side. And to my knowledge no Explorer ever has. This can be verified by pulling up the 2016 Explorer Order Guide, the Owners Manual, and/or the 2016 Explorer brochure.

I looked through them quickly, so if I missed something, certainly point it out.

I won't say it is impossible, but it has not even been a feature in many (if any) recent Lincolns.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Roone

Georgia
Hi gang. No there is no passenger seat memory function in the Aviator.

And not to be the argumentative, but the 2016 Explorer did not have memory function on the passenger side. And to my knowledge no Explorer ever has. This can be verified by pulling up the 2066 Explorer Order Guide, the Owners Manual, and/or the 2016 Explorer brochure.

I looked through them quickly, so if I missed something, certainly point it out.

Good luck.
I'm not being argumentative either, but my 2016 Ford Explorer Limited definitely had 3 memory settings on both driver and passenger seats. It also had massage seats for both driver and passenger seats even though it was not listed on the order form or window sticker.

Roone

Georgia
When you purchased the vehicle, did you ask about this feature since it is very important to you? The sales person should have been able to read the Order Guide and see this feature is not available.
Guess I expected the $3300 Luxury Package with the Perfect Position Seats (30-Way) with Active Motion, would have included Memory on both seats. Had memory on passenger seat in Ford Explorer and my wife's 2021 Mercedes GLE has memory on both seats.
Love my Aviator, but if Lincoln wants to compete with the best, they need to pay attention to the details!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Guess I expected the $3300 Luxury Package with the Perfect Position Seats (30-Way) with Active Motion, would have included Memory on both seats. Had memory on passenger seat in Ford Explorer and my wife's 2021 Mercedes GLE has memory on both seats.
Love my Aviator, but if Lincoln wants to compete with the best, they need to pay attention to the details!
I get it. That is why I make sure to always scour and learn the Order Guide better than my salesperson. Sorry that feature isn't available for you.

bbf2530

I'm not being argumentative either, but my 2016 Ford Explorer Limited definitely had 3 memory settings on both driver and passenger seats. It also had massage seats for both driver and passenger seats even though it was not listed on the order form or window sticker.

Hi Roone. What I can state with certainty is that if something is not in the Dealer Order Guide as an available feature, either standard or optional, it was/is not an available feature. And it was/is not listed as an available feature on any model of the 2016 Explorer...standard or optional.

A memory passenger seat was not even available in the top of the line Explorer Platinum model. Yes, the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion were available on the passenger side, but not memory passenger seats.

I understand the desire for it, I wish it was a feature on my 2018 MKZ's. Either way however, it is not actually important, because it is not an available feature on the Aviator, or many relatively recent Lincolns, to my memory.

And again, if anyone finds that I missed it in the 2016 Explorer Dealer Order Guide (or anywhere), certainly point out the page number and I will correct my error.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
It's in the Navigator. Probably like anything else, if you want certain features, they want you to upgrade to a different vehicle. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not saying it is right to do, but that just may be the way it is.

I don't know what other manufacturers do, but I doubt they put all features into all models.

Edit: In the Navigator on Reserve and Black Label. 2022 models. My 2020 BL has it. So, even on the Nav, you have to upgrade to at least Reserve to have this.

bbf2530

It's in the Navigator. Probably like anything else, if you want certain features, they want you to upgrade to a different vehicle. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not saying it is right to do, but that just may be the way it is.

I don't know what other manufacturers do, but I doubt they put all features into all models.

Edit: In the Navigator on Reserve and Black Label. 2022 models. My 2020 BL has it. So, even on the Nav, you have to upgrade to at least Reserve to have this.

Hi BL. Okay, so the Navigator does have a memory passenger seat feature? That was why I knew I better add the caveat of "...to my memory", because I realized I could be mistaken on that, and did not want to begin searching the Navigator, MKT and Town Car Dealer Order Guides. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the info BL.

Roone

Georgia
OK, now that I've got everyone reading their old Order Guides and literature, my daughter informs me that I'm suffering from CRS (can't remember s---t)! Told me I did not have memory seat on the passenger seat of my 2016 Ford Explorer Limited! So I owe y'all an apologue.
Still wish I had it on my 2022 Aviator Reserve I with $3,000 Luxury Package.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
OK, now that I've got everyone reading their old Order Guides and literature, my daughter informs me that I'm suffering from CRS (can't remember s---t)! Told me I did not have memory seat on the passenger seat of my 2016 Ford Explorer Limited! So I owe y'all an apologue.
Still wish I had it on my 2022 Aviator Reserve I with $3,000 Luxury Package.
Lol, no apology needed. Does seem that it would be available, but seems to not be in any trim.