Passenger seat massage stopped working

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Flatsfish

Our Corsair is five months old. We love it.

Two weeks ago the passenger seat massage stopped working. Took it to the dealer and they said this is a known issue since January 2021. Fix expected third quarter.

We were told to keep checking with the dealer for the fix. What happened to old fashioned customer service when the dealer would contact us with the fix and schedule an appointment to correct the issue???

I didn’t spend a bunch of money to be told it was MY responsibility to check on WHEN Lincoln had a solution to my issue.

RDFTS

I take it the next closest Lincoln dealership is far away? Because if not, I would go elsewhere. That particular dealership is treating you that way, not Lincoln themselves. Find a better dealership. Or talk to the service manager and not one of the advisors, go above their head. If the service manager has the same attitude, go to his boss. And if get all the way to the owner of the dealership by going up the ladder and he/she doesn’t care to offer customer service then call Lincoln and file a complaint.

Customer service with a lot of businesses today just don’t give a shit anymore. It’s just getting worse.

Flatsfish

I take it the next closest Lincoln dealership is far away? Because if not, I would go elsewhere. That particular dealership is treating you that way, not Lincoln themselves. Find a better dealership. Or talk to the service manager and not one of the advisors, go above their head. If the service manager has the same attitude, go to his boss. And if get all the way to the owner of the dealership by going up the ladder and he/she doesn’t care to offer customer service then call Lincoln and file a complaint.

Customer service with a lot of businesses today just don’t give a shit anymore. It’s just getting worse.
I have escalated it to the Concierge, for what it's worth. Still awaiting a reply.

Holly mcfallon

I bought a 2020 Aviator a few month ago, and many times I can’t change the lumbar or turn on the seat massage on the driver’s side only. The passenger side always works. When yours went out, did it happen similarly to this?

Flatsfish

Nothing seems to be working. I even sent a letter to the president of Lincoln Motors on July 12.

Her response thus far??” Crickets 🦗

Copy of my letter attached. Terrible customer service!

“July 20, 2012

Ms. Joy Falotico

President, Lincoln Motors

Dear Ms. Falotico,

Please take a minute and read the attached email that I sent over a week ago regarding the massage issue on our brand new Lincoln Corsair.

I have made multiple calls to the Concierge support people, and nobody can explain to me when the issue will be resolved. The message shown to me by the local technician several weeks ago said the issue was known as far back as January of 2021, and a "fix" should be available "some time in the third quarter."

This is completely unacceptable. When will my issue have a resolution and when will my wife be able to enjoy the massage option for which we so dearly paid??

Sincerely yours,

Bill Stevens”

bbf2530

Hi gang. There is a TSB out for issues with the driver and passenger multi-contour seat functions/seat massage not working. In the case of the TSB, it is a frayed wire/connector issue. While it does not include the Corsair yet, perhaps it would not hurt to mention this TSB to your Service Department.

Good luck.

Attachments

• MC-10165709-0001.pdf
    369.9 KB · Views: 8

Flatsfish

Hi gang. There is a TSB out for issues with the driver and passenger multi-contour seat functions/seat massage not working. In the case of the TSB, it is a frayed wire/connector issue. While it does not include the Corsair yet, perhaps it would not hurt to mention this TSB to your Service Department.

Good luck.
That’s been out since 2019.

Flatsfish

Nothing seems to be working. I even sent a letter to the president of Lincoln Motors on July 12.

Her response thus far??” Crickets 🦗

Copy of my letter attached. Terrible customer service!

“July 20, 2012

Ms. Joy Falotico

President, Lincoln Motors

Dear Ms. Falotico,

Please take a minute and read the attached email that I sent over a week ago regarding the massage issue on our brand new Lincoln Corsair.

I have made multiple calls to the Concierge support people, and nobody can explain to me when the issue will be resolved. The message shown to me by the local technician several weeks ago said the issue was known as far back as January of 2021, and a "fix" should be available "some time in the third quarter."

This is completely unacceptable. When will my issue have a resolution and when will my wife be able to enjoy the massage option for which we so dearly paid??

Sincerely yours,

Bill Stevens”
Update: Almost one month later, the president didn’t bother to respond to my customer complaint. Instead, I received a letter from a concierge “manager” who acknowledging my letter to the president.
He didn’t even provide his contact information. He directed me to continue contacting the concierge I had chatted with previously, who could not provide me with an anticipated “fix” date. So much for customer service🤬. I will not recommend a Lincoln product any more.

JB IN AZ

@Flatfish, I feel your pain, and understand your frustration. I'm sure that the president has many issues to deal with, and surely has subordinates who are better equipped to work with you on a resolution. I DID NOT read the prior posts, so I don't know the whole history of your issue, or who else you have had contact with regarding this issue....I am just responding to your most current post. I have no horse in this race, I am just a very interested "car person".

Stating that you will no longer recommend a Lincoln product in an online forum will not get it resolved any faster. Others who threaten to never buy a (any product) again will not change that manufacturer's behavior one iota. Sorry, I am just being truthful.

I had an appointment that was made three weeks ago for my first oil change and a minor warranty issue. I was called the day before by the service advisor to confirm, who asked for a copy of my driver's license and ins. card (which I scanned and emailed to him). He confirmed my address, stating I would hear from the driver about 10AM. At 9:30AM I received a call saying they could not come as they did not have a Lincoln to leave for me. They told me I would hear back, perhaps with little advance warning. This being my first experience with the touted Lincoln pick-up service, I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to the "luxury" that provided. Small issue, but disappointing as I assume I paid for this service as part of my Lincoln purchase. Like you, I was disappointed. This will in no way cause me to stop recommending Lincoln. I understand the constraints of the times, and unfortunately, things are getting worse again, not better.

Again, I understand your frustrations.

Flatsfish

JB.....thanks for your reply. My frustration stems from the fact that #1....I paid for the massage option; 2. Lincoln knew about the issue starting in January of this year; 3. I purchased my vehicle in March....nobody told me this was an issue when I spent a lot of $$ for the option; if I had been made aware of the issue I would have passed on the upgrade; 4. I have been passed around in the company....nobody will say when the issue will be resolved.....only "some time in the third quarter. Nobody will take initiative and say "I'll contact the xyz department and find out what is going on and when your issue will be resolved." NOTHING. I'm stuck in an eternal loop with no end in sight.

Great vehicle....terrible customer service from the top lady on down.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Dealership service department techs, sorry if I offend anyone, well, not really, just don't seem to know what they are doing. They are reluctant to check for TSBs for some reason.

Not to derail, but there is a TSB for my Navigator for some issues. They didn't apply it yesterday. Instead, they saw codes on the RAF module and updated it. Problems did not go away. Idiots. They say everything was normal when they cleared those codes. They have to be stupid, quite frankly, to not see the issues persisted, right there at the dealership.

So, if this TSB for your issue has been out since 2019 and these dolts at the dealership can't find that while internet posters here can find it, it really makes this an uphill battle.

Good luck.

Flatsfish

Dealership service department techs, sorry if I offend anyone, well, not really, just don't seem to know what they are doing. They are reluctant to check for TSBs for some reason.

Not to derail, but there is a TSB for my Navigator for some issues. They didn't apply it yesterday. Instead, they saw codes on the RAF module and updated it. Problems did not go away. Idiots. They say everything was normal when they cleared those codes. They have to be stupid, quite frankly, to not see the issues persisted, right there at the dealership.

So, if this TSB for your issue has been out since 2019 and these dolts at the dealership can't find that while internet posters here can find it, it really makes this an uphill battle.

Good luck.
Current issue has been out since January of 2021, not 2019.

bbf2530

The TSB from above was said to have come out in 2019. So, you are saying it does not apply in this case?

Hi BL. Yes, the Corsair is not listed as a covered vehicle for that particular issue in that particular TSB. However, since the symptoms and issue are similar to that listed in the TSB, it was not out of the realm of possibility that the same issue will eventually be found in the Corsair.

Flatsfish was looking for opinions and possibilities, so I threw that one out there. In the meantime, the same old advice applies: If within warranty, take it to a Lincoln Dealer for proper diagnosis and repair. In this case, he has, but it seems the issue is something different than a chafed/shorted wire or overheating connector. And Lincoln states they are aware and are working on a fix.

Hope that makes it clearer as to why I posted the TSB.

Good luck. ;)

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Hi BL. Yes, the Corsair is not listed as a covered vehicle for that particular issue in that particular TSB. However, since the symptoms and issue are similar to that listed in the TSB, it was not out of the realm of possibility that the same issue will eventually be found in the Corsair.

Flatsfish was looking for opinions and possibilities, so I threw that one out there. In the meantime, the same old advice applies: If within warranty, take it to a Lincoln Dealer for proper diagnosis and repair. In this case, he has, but it seems the issue is something different than a chafed/shorted wire or overheating connector. And Lincoln states they are aware and are working on a fix.

Hope that makes it clearer as to why I posted the TSB.

Good luck. ;)
Hey buddy, yes, I get what you were up to, you rascal.

Flatsfish

It seems a Technical Service Bulletin was issued several weeks ago.

Once I dertimened this, I contacted my service department. They have ordered the parts, and will call me to schedule the service once the parts arrive.

TSB 21-2341NHTSA Number:10202704TSB Date:October 19, 2021Date Added to File:November 2, 2021Failing Component:SeatsSummary:Some 2021 corsair vehicles built on 4-jan-2021 and through 19-mar-2021 may exhibit an inoperative passenger seat massage function. This may be due to the radio transceiver module (rtm). To correct the condition, follow the service procedure

Last edited: